police brutality

barry luxton

I've said for years that the police should be clearly individually identifiable. If not they are almost as bad as the hoodies, bullies who get "brave" behind anonimity. That should also apply to their vehicles.

Having said that, the most obvious moral of this story is that if you are an unfit near 50 year old man, don't be a prat and get involved with baton wielding riot cops.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brumagem Phil
Having said that, the most obvious moral of this story is that if you are an unfit near 50 year old man, don't be a prat and get involved with baton wielding riot cops.

Maybe you could go and read the story properly before coming out with such crap?

He was trying to get home and had already been refused exit from the area at other locations. What precisely did you expect him to do?

strictly speaking the photographers could get 10 years each for photographing the cops ,dont ya just love the terrorism act thats safeguarding us :rolleyes:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

The man is described as, "a homeless alcoholic who occasionally watched a newspaper stand" (not exactly a newsagent).

On the day in question, he was in the area selling newspapers. In my book, that makes him a newsagent and his reason for being in the area legitimate.

That he may have been "a homeless alcoholic" doesn't devalue his life or legitimise his killing any more than if the descriptor being applied was "black" or "gay" or "immigrant".

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

On the day in question, he was in the area selling newspapers.

That he may have been "a homeless alcoholic" doesn't devalue his life or legitimise his killing any more than if the descriptor being applied was "black" or "gay" or "immigrant".

He wasn't selling The Big Issue was he?

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Now there's a blast from the past - welcome back Jim - how was the duck shooting this winter?

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

hey jim!

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Now there's a blast from the past - welcome back Jim - how was the duck shooting this winter?

Didn't do any. Worked up north until Xmas. Had 3 weeks holiday booked for the end or Jan. Between Xmas and New year something happened in my knee and I had 2 weeks on crutches and didn't feel like much afterwards. First time I've been signed off sick since having my appendix out in 1968. Not entitled to any benefit, apparently. Went back on Feb 3rd and jacked the job in. Not sure if I'm unemployed or retired now. Once you turn 60, they won't let you register as available for work. How many of we baby boomers have just dropped off the JSA figures, I wonder? Pension credit is means tested, so that's out. NuLab Ruins UK?

Edited by Jim Roper

hey jim!

When you coming camping Dave. You know it's free for you!

The carp are up to 27lb now. Just put as many Tench, Bream and Roach as the EA would let me, in the second pond.

When you coming camping Dave. You know it's free for you!

The carp are up to 27lb now. Just put as many Tench, Bream and Roach as the EA would let me, in the second pond.

blimey you remember my name :o i forget by the next day

folkestone hopefully on the 22 (father inlaw could be being buried) well if he dies