Sorry about this

Alan Taylor

Alan - hope you and Sonja received my wee prezzie.

More to the point, hope you have enough puff to breathe in their scent when they bloom.....sorry, same ol' iffy sense of humour....

Thinking of you both as ever,

Love,

Onions.

xxx

Help me unhook these, please.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

little onions:

Alan - hope you and Sonja received my wee prezzie.

You would not believe this, the prezzie arrived the day after I put the last of my seeds in (second batch) so in 6 weeks your lot go in. Hope you don't mind but I have split one packet between friends :)

I did not email my thanks as I am still getting my Onions and Feathers mixed up :D sorry.

JUDY, cream details asap please, its not for me but all will be revealed in due course

Cheers

Alan

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Hi Alan

i do appreciate what you said. I cannot imagine for one minute your feelings on not knowing how long you have that must be worse than knowing but one way of looking at it is that every day is a bonus where if you do would you mark off the days on the calander. I dont no if that is what dad is doing but it must be hard not to i suppose but us you say we have a time scale to do those things we always wanted to do and to relive memories.

We have booked a 2 week boating holiday on the Norfolk Broards the end of july.(we go there every year it's a place we all love he calls it gods county. We are also looking to go down to the severn a place he has aways wanted to take me since he fished there for essex county and the roding valley team in the 70's. Not sure where it is but will find out and just take him for a surprise.

Alan i wish you LONG and happy fishing with your family and your friends

Regards

Paul.s

----------------------------------

Live for today as there might not be a tommorrow!!!

jp-tackle.co.uk

posted some of my little devils hope they get there before you leave for sunny scotland(honest) it must be getting ready for your arrival. No matter your condition enjoy every day for what it is. The kindness and open affection shown to you on the sight is a testement to how people feel about you I hope that there are afew people in the world that would care as much for me in such a time of adversity. If the flies havent arrived in time get me an address and I,ll send some more. :cool:

Forgive my disappearing act recently. I have just survived the worst week in my entire life. All the possible side effects from my treatment I've had, and with bells on, on most of them.

On my weekly visit to hospital this morning I was describing, how on Friday, I looked as though I'd been hit full in the face with a frying pan (Tom and Jerry style)All the horrors I suffered on Saturday night and giving them a general report on the week. All you get from the support nurse is a knowing smile. I thought, bloody hell! they knew I'd have this lot to come.

Think on, I'm only on a clinical trial, I can pull out of this at the stroke of a pen, but I'm not. If this is going to kill me eventually, it ain't going to be just yet!

Question for Alan. I have gone fishing with a bloke I work with for years. Since being diagnosed with kidney cancer on November 4th. He has not offered a single word of condolence, never came to see me in hospital, never visited me at home, never sent a card, never mentioned my welfare to other mates. Have you had this happen to you? He's dead meat from now on with me.

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

John this is when you find out who your true mates are. The best of luck to you and Alan. Chin up lads.

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

John,

Many people find it very hard to speak about such things. They are afraid of saying the wrong thing, not being able to respond to what you tell them, etc.

Chances are, you'll find he's more upset by the whole thing than you can imagine.

Speak to him. Mention that you're surprised that he hasn't mentioned it.

I'm sure you'll be surprised by the response.

All the best,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

having helped people with cancer for many years its is often closest freinds who shy away as elton said

"to err is human to forgive divine"

i'm in the final stages of training to be a nuse endoscopist and.......

i had to explain to a patient and his wife (both in their 80s) last week i had found a cancer in his bowel and he may need a colostomy on a ? short term basis he is blind and it his his wife like a sledge hammer. as promised i phoned the next morning to be tahnked for the support i had given her and this was also confirmed by their daughter when she phoned to find out the plan for treatment.

I was thanked for dropping the bomshell........

human compassion is staggering at times

hang on in their alan and dont let them nick your oxygen in the plane :D

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

John Ellison:

Have you had this happen to you? He's dead meat from now on with me.

Sounds like its hit him very hard. If he didn't care he would at least have talked about it to others. Maybe he has some hidden fears of his own. It would be a pity to chuck away four years of friendship, try a quiet chat with him and see if he opens up. As a nation we tend to bottle our feelings up, and sometimes the people we care about most never know the truth. Us humans are complex creatures!

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk