Attack on angler

RUDD

Call Us Roma, Not Gypsies

Wordbender, this was just something i found on the site you directed me to. I'm sorry but those 5 words to me sum it all up!! You are not gypsies to me!! I class GYPSIES (Be it right or wrong?!) As people who travel in vans, nick anything nailed down or not and who treat anyone who is not of them like a pariah!! Now I don't for one minute lump you with them. But if you wish to be then I am afraid you will get the same from me as I have for these people, they are scum!! they are not liked by anyone else I know!! I regard ROMANY as gypsies yes, but certainly NOT this sort of individual! To me as simplistic as it is are that there are Gypsies and GYPSIES!! Just as there are Football fans and FOOTBALL fans. Do you see what I mean? There are good and bad in all of us and I would NOT support FOOTBALL fans who seek to endure pain and suffering on people just as I suspect you would not inflict GYPSIES on the rest of us? or am I totally wide of the mark.

If I have by writing this or anything else, then I can only apologise sincerely!! It is not my way to heap scorn on a person for whom I have the greatest of respect.

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear the "R" word again. :rolleyes:

Perhaps someone could point out to me a non-racist culture, as I don't believe there is one, anywhere. Show me someone that claims not to have mentioned anything remotely racist and i'll show you a liar and a hypocrite.

Waterman1013 - foolish, very very foolish. :rolleyes:

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Dennis Bergkamp?....

oops sorry, wrong thread...

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

Dennis Bergkamp?....

Dutch ?.....I bloody 'ate the dutch. Oh dear, I hope Alan Taylor doesnt see that :D

[ 11. April 2005, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

:D:D

see? come on chaps....lighten up - go fishing or something...

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

Guest sslatter

Do I want to post this? Oh well..

A few months back, an extremely racist post went up in Non-Fishing Chat, containing some bitter racist nomenclature..

I waited to see if anyone would complain, but a few days later, the post was still there, and nobody had written ANYTHING complaining about the language therein..

So I complained, and the offending words were censored..

So.. I sit here and scratch my head in pure puzzlement, wondering why no-one took offence at that previous post, and wondering why so many are now taking offence..

..amd then I realised: the post I complained about, the racism contained therein, was anti-black..

We are a complete nation of hypocrites, WASPS, RCs, Muslims, Jews, AND Romanies..

Graham. X:

We are a complete nation of hypocrites, WASPS, RCs, Muslims, Jews, AND Romanies..

Not me. I don't do racism. I've had it done to me, I hated it, and I've hated it ever since.

I didn't see the 'anti-black' post. If I'd have seen it and it had been racist in nature, I'd have said something about it.

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

Peter, I am the very reason for this sorry debate, The first post by Rudd was both judgemental and unfair on me, you amoung others tried to defend me, None of you knew that I would become a member of this excellent forum, and read some of those unfair and untrue words.

For the record; I fail to see how a minority that does not exist when it comes to being "plugged in" to modern society, can expect this or any other Government, to provide land or sites to accommodate their life style. I believe in order to "take" you have to contribute first, it is a little old fashioned , but that is what I believe.

As for my attack last October and the judgements others have made against me, I will say this;

I did my level best to avoid conflict, I saw a horse and a van hurtling toward me and took avoiding action, the guy driving the van was breaking several laws on a public road, including bogus plates! I pulled over to the kerb and stopped to let both him and his very frightened horse through, the guy drew along side me and verbally abused me (plenty of swear words) I reacted to him the same way I would have reacted to anyone, My son and I did get out of my car, and my son did grab the guy by his lapels, my son told him a thing or two (none of it pleasant) the guy pleaded for mercy, neither my son nor I hurt him and indeed mercy was shown to him, If I had known that he would return with his mate and try to kill me, I would have driven all the way home, I am guilty only of standing up to him and his mate unarmed, when my son appeared to save me from certain death, they did not like the odds and fled, it seems two unarmed Bradfords against two armed travellers was not fair.

My MP has told me more than once, "No-one is above the law" I beg to differ.

I asked for some-one on here to offer a solution, to "enlighten me" I am sorry to say no-one has managed to come up with an answer, i do not think one exists, there are bad people out there in every walk of life, I got lucky and cherish every extra day, this is an angling forum, I suggest we all stick to that, because nothing will be resolved fighting each other ,respect to each and every one of you,Bob.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

I'm sorry, I appreciate that I'm back-tracking on my own words by posting on this thread again but I cannot sit back and let people accuse me of bigotry, racism or prejustice.

I'll admit my remark about the 'Football field' was perhaps ill thought out however in my defence I have to say I'm amazed that anybody could take it for anything more than it was, namely my lame attempt to both illustrate a point and be witty at the same time.

The remark was made purely to reinforce my point that only a small percentage of the people percieved as travellers can actually be genuinely called Romani, the greater number of people masquerading under the 'traveller' banner are simply people from a multitude of races that do not wish to live by society's rules. And I stand by that remark!

I defy anyone to tell me where in my posting I demonstrated either bigotry or racism?? Nothing could be further from the truth regarding my character. Indeed I spend much of my time on other forums levelling that criticism at other people. I positively abhor both bigotry and racism and I'm happy in the knowledge that anyone who truly knows me would agree.

I thought I made it clear that I both knew, and could call friends several GENUINE Romani families. They would be the first to distance themselves from the people that leave a trail of filth behind them in every layby and drove in my beloved countryside. They'd pour scorn on the thieves that rob old pensioners under the guise of tradesmen or thieve people's properties and vehicles and sit back smug in the knowledge that they are beyond reproach from even the police.

I won't even do the idiots Heylin or MRMatthews the honour of answering their disgusting remarks. However I will thank Heylin for opening my eyes to the sort of moron that's been collecting my SAA subs for a number of years, no longer I might add! And as for Peter Waller swiftly trying to distance himself from a remark he was quick to find himself in agreement with, and then trying to distort the picture with the offended party by sending him sneaky PM's, I'd expect nothing else from him.

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'