Prince Harry

rob.i

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Controversy here we come.

At what age does it become acceptable to mimic history? There are already plenty of "jokes" circulating on the internet about the South Asian Tsunami, and within hours of Ken Bigley's kidnapping, the same thing. Call it "black humour"? At my passing out parade at Police College (no comments thanks - in my dreams!), one bloke turned up made-up as Adolf Hitler. No offence was implied or taken.

OK., Harry has advisors. But to mimic or parody something does not diminish its importance or relevance, or trivialise the event. It's a bit of fun. Is dressing as a Viking offensive? Bin political correctness.

Who cares? Educate instead. 30% of the (British) population (according to the press) have never heard of Auschwitz-Birkenau.

In my opinion.

And no offence intended.

Cheers

Ian.

Scapanapper:

I disagree Newt.

Ignoring those with evil intent allows them to have influence on the rest of society.

The far right in Britain rely on being thought of as idiots to cover their insidious plans and lies.

Sorry Scappanapper - I think on re-reading that I wasn't really clear and that we are probably in pretty close agreement.

Certainly, control the far-right lunitics. Certainly they can be a danger (and here as well as over your way).

I simply object to giving them much media play. If they break the law, put them in jail and lose the key. But my observation is that media exposure for the most part helps them along.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

sorry newt our "power" comes with blair being up bushes "****" (the "i'm a gang member syndrome"),world power is decided by military might ...we dont have any ,major money making companies ....there all foreign owned or political influence...the major part of britains i suspect treat our government dealings with scorn, the rest of the world with open laughter,the heat went out of the empire when people stopped wearing hats and beards :(

maybe if we bucked up our arms developers and made a genetic bomb we would again be a "power"

quote:

If they break the law, put them in jail and lose the key. But my observation is that media exposure for the most part helps them along

both bush and blair commited unlawfull regime change and unlawfull genocide as the result,are they in jail ...no

most of what catches the front pages in the press are only front page news because the press says it is ,most people dont give a toss ,i ofcourse moan if the topless bird on page 3 is missing whatever the reason :mad:

its easy to find some rabbi to have a go all the media does is interveiw enough till they find one any showing no interest or comment are ignored

[ 13. January 2005, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I'm sure that it was just an immature attempt to shock, the silly sod!

The Royal family is important to Great Britain, Harry is the son of Princess Diana. Harry has unwittingly let people down big time.

surely the fact that he is son of prince charles (the heir to the throne) is more important than the fact he's the son of princess diana (a sloan ranger who got lucky, then got unlucky)

i agree he's let people down though, what a total idiot, lets hope he tries to punch a few photographers soon, just to remind us he's a proper meathead.

actually thinking about it, he isn't charles's son is he? he's that other pompous ginger meathead james hewitts son, so nothing he does should surprise us

she wasent even a sloan ranger but a nanny ,strange how she got above her station once the limelight got her. she obviasly didnt like england as 3 of her 4 boyfriends after she was divorced wernt white

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson