Prince Harry

rob.i

The Royal Family are a tourist attraction and have no political, or constitutional relevance.

In none of the other Countries that have a Monarchy, do they play any real role in running the Country.

I respect the Queen as an individual, but not her "office".

When she passes on, her descendants will ensure the Monarchy is gone in a very short time.

Which of them can command the same respect as the Queen ?

You can vote for your chosen MP and Political Party, but you didn't vote for a Monarchy.

"Tune into Jeepster's next t.v. performance.....live from the Tower of London.

I thought the Living Channel, was the equivalent of the Tower of London. :D:D

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by corydoras:

[/qb]

I beg to differ. Sweden is a monarchy as are Norway, Denmark, The Netherlands, Spain, Belgium and Luxembourg. I would rather have my Queen than any President Blair or President thatcher, than you very much! [/QB]

Hear! Hear! The prospect of a politician runing the country without vision scares me witless - but that's what we have in the UK, and as for the possibility of a dynasty like the Bush family is beyond comprehension. George Dubya only got elected the first time because his brother couoldn't count!

For all his faults, Michael Moore got it about right in his film 9/11 - and the tenor of the film applies as much to the way this country is run at the moment.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Cranfield:

You can vote for your chosen MP and Political Party, but you didn't vote for a Monarchy

But given the chance I would!

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Corydoras

I expect that in a few years time we won,t have Blair he will be voted out (if the electorate can be bothered to vote). Unfortunately, from my perspective, we will still have the Windsors for some time to come.

A Worm On One End........:

Corydoras

I expect that in a few years time we won,t have Blair he will be voted out (if the electorate can be bothered to vote).  Unfortunately, from my perspective, we will still have the Windsors for some time to come.

If you don't like it then you can alway emigrate to a Republic somewhwere in the world. Europe has a few and the Americas are awash with countries run by noble presidents.

[ 14. January 2005, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: corydoras ]

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Corydoras.

There is no where on the plannet I would rather live than Britain.

If everyone emigrated over things they din't like about where they live we would all be posting from the four corners of the planet. Untill we found something we didn't like and moved back again.

In my ideal world we would not have a monarchy but I live in the real world. The Monarchy doesn't give me any practicle problem so I wont get uptight about it.

They had a role once that role has largely gone and things will change over time, thats good enough for me.

If anything did want to make me emigrate it would be the continual moaning by the nation about everything that is wrong. At the same time we ignore all of the good things about living here and they far outwiegh the bad.

Serious question: isn't it about time we had a referendum on the subject of the continuation of the monarchy?

If such a referendum took place, and the country voted for a monarchy, then I - and other republicans - would have to accept the majority democratic decision.

On the other hand, if the vote goes against them... long live the republic!

Posted by Jimbo

"(yet another pseudonym - why?) "

Because I have no desire for people, such as you, to know my name - got a problem with that?

"Let's just blame the Media"

I did

tight lines

[ 14. January 2005, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: awaaar ]

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

Allo Allo... :D

Right, fellas, seriously, take a deep breath, pour yourselves a coffee and have a good think before you post. Any more 'personal' or 'aggressive' comments and this thread gets the chop, okey dokey?!

Happy posting! :)

Think the word plonker sums him up. Am am sure the Jewish nation did not appreiate it. A tour around Belsen camp might get him back to reality. Better still if he came to the Mull with us on lads week. Andrew could practice his endoscopy on him when he passes out with the drink!!!!!! LOL

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy