Those crazy creationists

corydoras

Diana as I am sure you know was the Roman goddess of the hunt. Her festival is today, August the 13th.

Ah, that must be why grouse shooting starts the day before. Gives us sporting chepps a chance to bag a few before that demned woman corners 'em all.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah but enough booze and you'l think there is? ,pretty ones too :D

Chesters, my main man.... They're mostly a minimum 8-pinter, I'd say.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Ah, that must be why grouse shooting starts the day before. Gives us sporting chepps a chance to bag a few before that demned woman corners 'em all.
LOL. When I was a nipper I used to hate this time of year because my right to roam over the estate was heavily curtailed until the nobs had been to take pot shots at the grouse.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Funny how you should post that today of all days. That Diana as I am sure you know was the Roman goddess of the hunt. She is still worshipped today by Italian neo-pagans. Her festival is today, August the 13th.

Diana is also mentioned in the Bible, maybe that means that she really does exist.

small world ,if stupid chesters can make a startling statement that links goddesses to a accidental posting just think what crafty religeous zealots could do with several hundred years to play with.

just think if i mention Pope Pius VII tomorrow i could be a prophet :D;)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

small world ,if stupid chesters can make a startling statement that links goddesses to a accidental posting just think what crafty religeous zealots could do with several hundred years to play with.

just think if i mention Pope Pius VII tomorrow i could be a prophet :D;)

or make a profit

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

little point of religion if there's no profit :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Emma2 are you on the right PAGE??? We have discussed this and I stated that religion haters always choose the OT for their examples! Show me where there is cruelty after the death of Jesus?

The Spanish Inquisition is the obvious example which springs to mind.

Then these passages from the new testament, admittedly some from JC himself, so possibly before that character was killed off (although is is supposed to have come back and spoke post mortem. There are quotes to show that he had the potential to be as psycho as his old fella.

Matthew 18:6 (New King James Version)

Jesus Warns of Offenses

6 “Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Those who bear bad fruit will be cut down and burned "with unquenchable fire." 3:10, 12

Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasn't the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament. 5:17

Jesus recommends that to avoid sin we cut off our hands and pluck out our eyes. This advice is given immediately after he says that anyone who looks with lust at any women commits adultery. 5:29-30

Jesus says that most people will go to hell. 7:13-14

Those who fail to bear "good fruit" will be "hewn down, and cast into the fire." 7:19

"The children of the kingdom [the Jews] shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." 8:12

Jesus tells a man who had just lost his father: "Let the dead bury the dead." 8:21

Jesus sends some devils into a herd of pigs, causing them to run off a cliff and drown in the waters below. 8:32

Cities that neither "receive" the disciples nor "hear" their words will be destroyed by God. It will be worse for them than for Sodom and Gomorrah. And you know what God supposedly did to those poor folks (see Gen.19:24). 10:14-15

Mark 9:43 (New King James Version)43 If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell.

Jesus explains why he speaks in parables: to confuse people so they will go to hell. 4:11-12

Jesus sends devils into 2000 pigs, causing them to jump off a cliff and be drowned in the sea. When the people hear about it, they beg Jesus to leave. 5:12-13

Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children as required by Old Testament law. (See Ex.21:15, Lev.20:9, Dt.21:18-21) 7:9-10

If you're ashamed of Jesus, he'll be ashamed of you. (And you'll go straight to hell.) 8:38

Jesus tells us to cut off our hands and feet, and pluck out our eyes to avoid going to hell. 9:43-49

Jesus says that those that believe and are baptized will be saved, while those who don't will be damned. 16:16

Luke 19:27 (New King James Version)27 But bring here those enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, and slay them before me.’”

Jesus believed the story of Noah's ark. He thought it really happened and had no problem with the idea of God drowning everything and everybody. 17:26-27

Matthew 10:34-36 (New King James Version)

Christ Brings Division

34 “Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. 35 For I have come to ‘set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law’; 36 and ‘a man’s enemies will be those of his own household.’[a]

John Jesus believes people are crippled by God as a punishment for sin. He tells a crippled man, after healing him, to "sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee." 5:14

Romans

Homosexuals (those "without natural affection") and their supporters (those "that have pleasure in them") are "worthy of death." 1:31-32

Come on, you may have heard about the bible, but you havn't read it much have you?

Not being a christian, and rejecting the middle eastern mythology, does not necessarily make one a 'religion hater' , indeed many people with (a) religion are equally (and in some cases much more so) critical and rejecting of christianity. Christianity does not define (all) religion.

Edited by Emma two
"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

I come from the, "everyone is entitled to an opinion" camp and thought he was as patronisingly smug, as she was wide eyed and weird.

I must confess I gave up after the third video, as I started to grow a third nipple.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

I must confess I gave up after the third video, as I started to grow a third nipple.

Evolution in action? :D

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!