not the joke topic

barry luxton

they only restrict the honest and gullible amongst us Newt the crooks and scum (and ofcourse the police) still have theirs and infact theres probably more guns now as in circulation before they were banned ,laws only apply to the lawful ;)

those bloody brownings though have a light trigger themselves!

i'm in the view if gun owners only shoot other gun owners nature will prevail ,in real life unfortunately it rarely does.

having been unfortunate (or foolish enough) to stroll behind the targets when our army is practising (many years ago now) i'm sure other gun users (our enemies especially) are perfectly safe from our guns :rolleyes:

blimey it is years ago ,we (my mate and i) were witnesses in this unfortunate "accident"

http://hansard.millbanksystems.com/written...s-sheila-wenham

cant find the hansard findings though

one amusing thing from the coroners court was another witness a little old lady who's house lay directly behind the range (the opposite direction to the targets )

who was not annoyed by the amount of bullets that peppered her tin potting shed but that they broke her crockery flower pots :bigemo_harabe_net-163: an "English" woman of the highest calibre :notworthy:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The gun ownership debate has been quite interesting seeing it from various points of view.

It would probably open a whole can of worms to suggest it, but it might reduce the incidence of gu n crime if, in the UK, gun ownership was relaxed but the death penalty re-introduced for murder.

Think about it....al-Megrahi would have got back to Libya in a wooden box rather than a metal cylinder.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Guest Rabbit
Emma two - I suppose we might as well leave it that I am happy to live in a country where gun ownership is fairly common and you are happy to live in a country where it is not.

I don't even want to live in a city or state that has many restrictions but that is a personal preference.

I still maintain the idiot who accidentally took that shot with his pistol earned more punishment than he evidently received. I just object to herculean rules that restrict everyone because of a careless, dishonest, or homicidal few.

Happy to live with guns??? Why Newt would you rather live with the prospect of you and yours being gunned down my some nut job, and from what i see from news reports that is all too common over there.

Gotta be just an ego thing Newt, to carry a gun and I am afraid with that attitude there is no hope that common sense will prevail.

This is one aspect of American culture that is so far removed from sanity that anything could be.

It might be Chris, but I think it's more likely to be a language thing.

You had all those years listeing to Tyke talk, that you're now having difficulty adjusting to Francais. :D

John.

Nah....they are both bluddy forin languages. :unsure:

IF YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE THE BEST

Don't seek a second opinion.

http://www.anglingireland.info

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..

Happy to live with guns??? Why Newt would you rather live with the prospect of you and yours being gunned down my some nut job, and from what i see from news reports that is all too common over there.

Gotta be just an ego thing Newt, to carry a gun and I am afraid with that attitude there is no hope that common sense will prevail.

This is one aspect of American culture that is so far removed from sanity that anything could be.

It's all about balance Rabbit, the usa have decent sentences for the scrotes who use a weapon illegally, over here, out after a few years for whatever reason fits the do gooders argument.

Usa= life means life

uk= few years in a cushy cell, all the mod cons, opportunity to sue the jailers for denying you a plastic knife or an marker pointing you to the direction of your god. Complain about the menu and something gets done about it

Then let out, given a sum of money for nothing in return, maybe an ankle bracelet for a few months. Then you can do whatever you like. Just like the magic roundabout.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Oh dear, you seem to be believing a little too much of the media gibberings about gun crime statistics. Yes there is a lot of gun crime in some parts of the US, but no more than Manchester, Liverpool, London etc....

It's also far more complicated than just to say more gun ownership = more gun crime. Switzerland is a perfect example of the total opposite. But their culture is totally different to the US, as is ours. To change any culture is the hardest thing ever which is why we would never switch to open gun ownership and the US won't change to no gun ownership, albeit some states try very hard to ban guns.

I for one would have no problems living in the US with it's gun laws, just the same as anwhere else in the world, I just wouldn't choose to live in one of the gang or violence hotspots - but neither would I in the UK. At least in the US you know if you have gun problems, you're going to get an armed police response straight away, rather than having to wait for a unit to travel across the county as we often do.

Rob.

Edited by RobStubbs

Nah....they are both bluddy forin languages. :unsure:

Ah, to be sure Greg, they're only "forrin" to forriners, are they not? :blink:

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Guest Rabbit
Oh dear, you seem to be believing a little too much of the media gibberings about gun crime statistics. Yes there is a lot of gun crime in some parts of the US, but no more than Manchester, Liverpool, London etc....

It's also far more complicated than just to say more gun ownership = more gun crime. Switzerland is a perfect example of the total opposite. But their culture is totally different to the US, as is ours. To change any culture is the hardest thing ever which is why we would never switch to open gun ownership and the US won't change to no gun ownership, albeit some states try very hard to ban guns.

I for one would have no problems living in the US with it's gun laws, just the same as anwhere else in the world, I just wouldn't choose to live in one of the gang or violence hotspots - but neither would I in the UK. At least in the US you know if you have gun problems, you're going to get an armed police response straight away, rather than having to wait for a unit to travel across the county as we often do.

Rob.

Ridiculous isn't it....at least you will get armed police resond to help you, if common sense prevailed and gun owner ship was banned there wouldn't be this sort of killings. really struggling to undertand your thinking, you consider that owning a gun is a reasonable thing how does that work?

There is no need for guns, apart from a militiary point of view or some would argue a 'sporting' need, but of course you and I know the biggest reason that people need such weapons is that it fulfills a pathetic need in their lives, makes them feel as if they are someone, not a nobody, which is just the sort of reason these nobody's kill.

The very people that seek to own a gun are the very people who should not have possesion of a pen knife. But hey it's their constitutional right....PATHETIC.

Ridiculous isn't it....at least you will get armed police resond to help you, if common sense prevailed and gun owner ship was banned there wouldn't be this sort of killings. really struggling to undertand your thinking, you consider that owning a gun is a reasonable thing how does that work?

There is no need for guns, apart from a militiary point of view or some would argue a 'sporting' need, but of course you and I know the biggest reason that people need such weapons is that it fulfills a pathetic need in their lives, makes them feel as if they are someone, not a nobody, which is just the sort of reason these nobody's kill.

The very people that seek to own a gun are the very people who should not have possesion of a pen knife. But hey it's their constitutional right....PATHETIC.

Your post could well be classed as dirge unless you have a reasoned argument for my post Rabbit. Try again. :rolleyes:

How about using your post as an argument to the relatives of the innocent youngster killed in liverpool recently or the female copper, sharon, who i can't pronounce the second name, went to a bookies shop shout and was shot dead. You could use your argument and tell them that it would have been worse for them if they lived in the usa. :yucky:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Oh yes I forgot hand guns are banned in the UK ergo we don't have gun crime - what ???? Your logic mate, and it makes zilch, zero or just plain no sense at all. Society is perfectly entitled to have guns, knifes, cars, screwdrivers etc, etc. It's been said many times before; it isn't the weapons that cause the crimes but the nutters on the other end. And last I heard we can't outlaw nutters.

Rob.

Edited by RobStubbs