What did you vote then? I will start it off

Snatcher

Voted Labour, as the MP Eric Joyce, is a good lad, doing good things...not because of the party leadership tho'....Also, my local councillor is very good ...she cares.. :D ..which to me and my family, means a lot... :)

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

corydoras:

corydoras:

...one reason is the introduction of ID cards, It is a must, never mind human rights etc, if you have done nothing wrong , you have nothing to fear...

Once again the mantra of the SS, the NKVD, the KGB and the STASI. Trust us, if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear. Hopefully with his much reduced majority in the Commons the ID card will never see the light of day. Our grandfathers fought in two world wars so that some upstart would not have the right to detain one in the street and demand to see ones papers.
Despite all that you say, Corydoras, I agree with Bob, even though he is a match angler! We live in a country rife with unwanted, illegal immigrants, we are under a dark shadow cast by the brainless Yob Culture. I would welcome being stopped and asked for my identity card, it would indicate a degree of needed control that many of us crave.

Peter Waller:

...it would indicate a degree of needed control that many of us crave.

I crave freedom. I don't want or need to be 'controlled'.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

"I crave freedom. I don't want or need to be 'controlled'."

f****n A man!

I am not a number! - I AM A FREE MAN! (or free do do as they tell me anyway )

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

hmmm sounds like john inman fever awaaar .

lib dem here the local mp david laws is a good local mp and has sorted out my problems etc quickly.i never had the opportunity to see the tory candidate ,which was a shame as i would have told him i have one problem about voting tory and it ends and starts with howard.

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

awaaar:

"I crave freedom. I don't want or need to be 'controlled'."

f****n A man!

I am not a number! - I AM A FREE MAN! (or free do do as they tell me anyway       )

Free enough to piddle-off to another country if I don't like the way things are panning out here.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Wouldn't it have been more productive for those that were reluctant to vote to instead go to their polling station and "spoil" their paper?

If 30% of the nations vote went to spoilt papers it would have given the parties something real to think about.

[ 06. May 2005, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: *Anthony* ]

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Anothony, I wasn't reluctant to vote....just had better/more important things to do :D

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

I voted Liberal, as I have for almost 40 years, I just think they lie slightly less than the rest.

Interestingly in terms of the most total votes cast, rather than percentage of seats won the conservatives had more votes than anyone.

One man one vote and the party that wins the most votes rules? Obviously not. :confused:

Under our system one party could come a close second in every seat, taking a majority of the total vote and not win one whilst the other two parties could divide up all of the seats between them, coming a poor third in the seats they lost. That way the majority would have zero representation. This is the "democracy" that we keep trying to foist on other countries.

Regards

Dave

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/