Snow, Snow, Snow!

Tony U

Well it's raining in London, tried to snow but didn't settle. I've spent most of the day re-allocating staff as six of mine are stuck on various roads in and around Kent.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ferret1959

Well I've just got in from washing the car.

Cold breeze and overcast but no snow............................yet. :)

The army has been called out in Kent to help ambulances. The Dover/Folkestone area seems to be especially badly hit with roads closed, including some major ones.

A few miles away here in Sellindge, at 3pm we had 4 inches of snow on the grass and cars but not on the road. However by 4.30pm quite a bit had melted.

More snow is forecast overnight and tomorrow morning, and ice is bound to be a problem.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

it has snowed a bit but it hasnt stuck much. unfortunately. Its every where except for most parts of North Wales.

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

kleinboet:

Birdlip hill is impassable!!

Hope it's clear by Sunday, I'm going that way.

None here in Hants.

Still snowing here in Walderslade, just made a big pot of leek and lentil soup to keep the cold out.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

I am about 6 miles from Steve at Sellindge and we have had no snow since around 10am and it was all gone, even from the fields, by 11am.

Strange old weather systems on Romney Marsh. :)

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

I am just SE of Canterbury,on the Downs, and it has not stopped snowing all day....but...it does appear to be melting underneath(?) Just as well really, as it would be about 8 or 9 inches deep, it was a level 5inches at 10.30.

Can't get to the blooming lake :(

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

http://www.metoffice.com/weather/europe/uk...st.html#warning

Very Heavy Snowfall

Affecting Kent & Medway

Widespread disruption has been reported due to closed roads and abandoned vehicles following significant falls of snow this afternoon. Further outbreaks of snow, often heavy, are expected this evening and overnight bringing further problems. Temperatures are expected to fall below freezing with ice forming widely. Strengthening northeasterly winds will exacerbate these icy conditions and may also cause some drifting of lying snow. Driving conditions will be extremely dangerous and the public is advised not to venture out of doors unless absolutely necessary.

Issued by Met Office.

Valid from: Wednesday 2 March, 2005 at 16:03

Expires on: Thursday 3 March, 2005 at 06:00

TL - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust