Originally posted by jeepster:
beat me too it dan, [/QB]

That's wrong, mind... :P [/QB]

aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhh

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snakes tongue, eye of Newt (well he is a moderator) and wing of bat that fresh be dead.....stop DavyR and jeepster from taking lightly my thread!

You're for it now fellas!

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

No problem with banning halloween from schools. Just ban all the other religious mumbo jumbo as well.

If the kids or their families want to celebrate halloween, christmas, nirvatri or eid outside school, thats fine but it doesn't have a place in educational institutions unless it is on the ciriculum.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Alan Fawcett:

I have been to numerous wiccan "festivals" and have yet to be shown anything that is even in-line with the original practices of the wiccan people to many "pretenders" for my liking.

Now you've got me interested! How do you *know* what were original Wiccan practices when the Book of Shadows, which claimed to show what these were, has been proven to be a modern piece of fiction?

DavyR - Trogg (A. Fawcett) is LOTS older than you might imagine. LOTS.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Ken L:

No problem with banning halloween from schools. Just ban all the other religious mumbo jumbo as well.

If the kids or their families want to celebrate halloween, christmas, nirvatri or eid outside school, thats fine but it doesn't have a place in educational institutions unless it is on the ciriculum.

Sorry this is b*llsh#t. Going to school should not be just an academic experience. School should have cultural and social aspects too.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Fine, that's why it should be on the cirriculum. But schools are no place for religious indoctrination - especially when that (christian) indoctrination takes the form of condemnation of one of the most important pagan festivals of the year.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Halloween was invented by the Egg Marketing Board. Nobody had heard of it when I was a kid and it just seems to be an excuse for little thugs to terrorise old people in their homes.

Mind you, I'd love to see Christmas banned as well.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

I said this last year and I'll repeat it now, Halloween is not an American invention.

When I was a kid growing up in Aberdeen, Scotland, before any of us had ever seen an American TV show or movie, we used to dress up, make lanterns from turnips and knock on neighbour's doors for treats (there was no 'trick' part). We also had Halloween parties for the kids.

Halloween crossed the Atlantic with all the Scots immigrants and then returned to England via American video and TV, it is a new phenomenon for English kids.

[ 06. October 2005, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: Ian FG ]

That explains it then Ian.

I first noticed Halloween when I moved to Aberdeen :)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/