Timsbury AN Annual Grayling fish in

Tony U

Is that what they call "Czech nymphing"?

It's only Czech nymphing with three flies - otherwise it's just legering with leaded flies.

I agree about he peeping caddis - a very good fly. Also pink shrimps, and bead headed (gasps of horror) pheasant tail. I have a very small (16) bead head pink pheasant tail (more gasps) that can be blinder for grayling on it's day.

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only Czech nymphing with three flies - otherwise it's just legering with leaded flies.

I agree about he peeping caddis - a very good fly. Also pink shrimps, and bead headed (gasps of horror) pheasant tail. I have a very small (16) bead head pink pheasant tail (more gasps) that can be blinder for grayling on it's day.

Yep, I also use all of the above but my bead headed pheasant tails for grayling are orange!

They also work well under a float (more gasps of horror but from which faction?).

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

They also work well under a float (more gasps of horror but from which faction?).

Mr G.M.Skues must be turning in his grave!

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

Re Payment

You knew this was going to come up!!!

I have been in Spain for the last couple of weeks so I thought I would best leave this till I got back.

The cost of the day is £18.00 each could you PM me for details of my address to send the cheques I would rather not collect the money on the bank as it eats in to the fishing time.

Sue is not fishing but she will be able to get around to collect any outstanding monies.

Regards

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Just read the long range weather forecast soun ds quite good -

Monday 23 November 2009 to Sunday 6 December 2009

Probably average for all weather elements.

The forecast for these two weeks leading into December is quite uncertain. What hints there are suggest a northerly breeze with wintry showers in northern Britain. This would imply sunny days and cold nights.

The breeze won't be particularly strong, so southern temperatures will be above average by day thanks to the influence of the sun

Sunny days, cold nights with Southern temperatures above average - fingers crossed!

Heidi at Timsbury has askied me to inform you of the following:

"Don't forget to let your fishermen know that we have a new entrance into the fishery. Please check the website for the details.

If the car park it wet please park your cars along the metal road in single file."

The webiste is: http://www.timsburyfishing.co.uk/

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

We will be putting on the usual mince pies and mulled wine/cider for everyone after the fish in; so allow some time for this at the end.

Chavender it appears will be running the Kelly kettle workshop so I am bringing some dry kindling :)

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

Thought the weather could be iffy so ordered a new web-tex poncho which has just arrived this morning. First impressions are it looks to be good and also very light but the proof of the pudding will be in the eating. It hadbetter work as I will not be taking a brolly.

We will be putting on the usual mince pies and mulled wine/cider for everyone after the fish in; so allow some time for this at the end.

Chavender it appears will be running the Kelly kettle workshop so I am bringing some dry kindling :)

Tony

no matter what the weather ,one way or another ,there will be fire

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve