Timsbury AN Annual Grayling fish in

Tony U

Thought the weather could be iffy so ordered a new web-tex poncho which has just arrived this morning. First impressions are it looks to be good and also very light but the proof of the pudding will be in the eating. It hadbetter work as I will not be taking a brolly.

The poncho is a much underrated piece of kit,Not only helps you keep dry but also your gear as well. A kind of mobile bivvy!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The poncho is a much underrated piece of kit,Not only helps you keep dry but also your gear as well. A kind of mobile bivvy!

Well I have to say that it is a good bit of kit. I had a test run earlier with my wife giving me good hose down in the garden which by the look on her face she enjoyed :D . I used to use a poncho a lot many years ago but this particular one is really light weight and flexible by comparison and packs up really small. If you are sitting on a chair it covers everything up so saving the weight of a brolly when you are mobile has got to be a benefit. Just need to reduce the number of rods now packed in the quiver.

That's better than it was in 2007! :lol:

:yucky: That really was something else.

Although it won't be as cold as the 2007 'guantanamo experience', I am bracing myself for the inevitable A34 3-hour tailbackathon... every year!

The things we do for the slightest chance of a roach :rolleyes:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

no matter what the weather ,one way or another ,there will be fire

You said that last time :) The kettle in the lodge is always there for back up.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

You said that last time :) The kettle in the lodge is always there for back up.

Tony

trust me i'm a pyromaniac

i'm nearly finished two lots of floats that i'll bring with me ,in case anyone wants any

DSCF1608.jpg

the half painted ones on the left ,are now whipped and sealed (varnish is drying as i type) ,i'll be whipping the ones on the right over the next two days and sealed with a coat of varnish .

Edited by chavender

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve