Timsbury AN Annual Grayling fish in

Tony U

I've just been on their website - the rules indicate only barbless (no problem there) and no braids of any kind. I assume this is more to prevent the czech nymphing style of fishing which is deemed not fly fishing by many, but the rules suggest that this is for the coarse fishing as well. All my centrepins now have Fireline Crystal on them, actually dyneema but which I assume is included as braid, but can anyone with previous experience tell me whether this is allowed within the Timsbury rules or not?

If it's not allowed I'll have to get some more centrepins so I can load them with monofilament!

i've allready raided e-bay & removed my braid in favour of ultima flo-cast (in 4 or 5lbs b/s) or ultima mist gray (in 3.2 ,1.7 lbs b/s) ,as i normally have braid on my pins but for timsbury i go through the change .

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just chuck 30m or so of mono on top of my braid when I fish Timsbury.

The first couple of fish will feel a bit weird and bouncy then! I haven't used mono since mid June.

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

i've allready raided e-bay & removed my braid in favour of ultima flo-cast (in 4 or 5lbs b/s) or ultima mist gray (in 3.2 ,1.7 lbs b/s) ,as i normally have braid on my pins but for timsbury i go through the change .

I've just read a review that suggested Ultima Flo-Cast here is not designed to be used in water temperatures less than 10 degrees. Even allowing for the fact that spring water averages 10 degrees, it will be rather colder in November at Timsbury. I've never used this stuff - can you promise me it will be OK!

I've also got used to the lack of tangles - I can see that its going to be a challenging day.

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

well ,i've used it in the best & worst weather at timsbury in the last 4-5 years ,never had problems ,its only drawback is the limited b/s the lowest being 4lbs and will be using it again ,in fact its been the same 5lbs line on two of my reels (one centrepin ,one closedfaced) , i've added 4lbs last year to another two reels (one centrepin ,one closedfaced) if i wish too go lighter i use the ultima mist gray a very good floater line which is on two spare c/f spools and a spare centrepin .but i doo use a hooklength with it (and all my floatfishing) .

if your worried about the flo-cast then just get the mist gray it comes in verious b/s ,and a excellent line

this year i've loaded my new abu 706 with mist gray on two spools and one spool with flo-cast ,the other sparespool is loaded with waggler line and wont be comming ,i've also loaded (more aptly re-loaded) the flo-cast on my abu 507 and a couple of centrepins and a couple more with the mist gray .

god i take too much ,my okuma kennet ,my an pin ,my super deluxe speedia ,my little red 1 ,and maybe the big red 1 ,but not sure yet on that one

my abu 507 MK1 ,the new abu 706 ,my abu 506 . now all i have too decide ios which one too use first :unsure:

its a good job my choice of rod is easier , one 14ft rod ,two 13ft & my jw avon quiver ( origanal ) i'll start on the main river ,then swap setups for the carriers later on .

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

I changed to Flo-Cast on my trotting pins some while back following a reccommendation from Chavender and I have found it to be superb in all conditions. Floats well on the water which enables easy mending and pick up of the line. I personally do not bother with fine line on the trotting pins using either 4, 5 or 6lb and just ring the changes with hooks and long hook lengths if I want a finer presentation. Just in case I will also be taking a closed face reel as well as 3 pins along with couple of float rods and my little Chubbing rod which is fitted with a sidewinder attachment which gives the option of trotting or ledgering. Really looking forward to it and have just ordered some arctic socks just in case after reading previous reports.

I changed to Flo-Cast on my trotting pins some while back following a reccommendation from Chavender and I have found it to be superb in all conditions. Floats well on the water which enables easy mending and pick up of the line. I personally do not bother with fine line on the trotting pins using either 4, 5 or 6lb and just ring the changes with hooks and long hook lengths if I want a finer presentation. Just in case I will also be taking a closed face reel as well as 3 pins along with couple of float rods and my little Chubbing rod which is fitted with a sidewinder attachment which gives the option of trotting or ledgering. Really looking forward to it and have just ordered some arctic socks just in case after reading previous reports.

OK I'm sold on the Flo-Cast. Probably load one of my Aerial match, an Aerial and my okuma or rapidex..... I'll also bring my 505 with Daiwa Sensor - just in case!

Now I only have to decide whether I get 4 and/or 5lbs breaking strain!

Tony, I just realised I haven't sent you any money - can you PM me your address and I'll stick a cheque in the post, or I can give you cash on the day if you prefer. Cheers!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Good point, what are the payment arrangements?

I was wondering as well.