immigrants eat all the fish, and finish off with a swan....

captain cojones

we haven't bothered with languages on our ponds its a descriptive sign ,not descriptive as i would have it but it does the job

Hopefully these "sensational" stories will continue......maybe then the authorities will act.....

with an election scheduled for May, this is where the Angling trust should be lobbying political parties asking what they intend to do about the problem...before reporting back to 1.5million anglers, just before the polling booths open!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alongside the 'Please don't eat the carp and swans' signs in Polish, shouldn't we also have some 'Please do eat the crayfish and mitten crabs' ones?

I understand that Otters and Cormorants make a cracking addition to a barbeque ! :D:D:D

I'm just hoping they don't turn cannibal with a liking for other exotic flavors...maybe a politician would need a lot of slow cooking.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, I'm Polish myself and when I read articles like the DM one, it always gives me a good laughter :D. I love fishing, and my dad too, but we've never heard of killing a swan to put it into your pot. There are some people who are so desperate to get sth to eat, that they kill the birds, but believe or not, it's not a Polish delicacy. Yes I know how it sounds,but giving a tag "Polish" to every strange-speaking immigrant is a bit annoying. Let me present an anecdote: a few years ago I was on the bus in Blackpool and was having a chat with other Polish pals an Englishman asked us if we were Welsh, because we spoke a language he didn't know :lol: . And about the carp, whilst I enjoy fishing for one I hate their taste even on my Christmas Eve table. Conclusion: being an immigrant does not make you either Polish, or a swan or carp eater B).

Welcome to Anglers' Net Robert. Hopefully we have better sense than the tabloid writers - usually anyway.

Glad to have you with us.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi guys, I'm Polish myself and when I read articles like the DM one, it always gives me a good laughter :D. I love fishing, and my dad too, but we've never heard of killing a swan to put it into your pot. There are some people who are so desperate to get sth to eat, that they kill the birds, but believe or not, it's not a Polish delicacy. Yes I know how it sounds,but giving a tag "Polish" to every strange-speaking immigrant is a bit annoying. Let me present an anecdote: a few years ago I was on the bus in Blackpool and was having a chat with other Polish pals an Englishman asked us if we were Welsh, because we spoke a language he didn't know :lol: . And about the carp, whilst I enjoy fishing for one I hate their taste even on my Christmas Eve table. Conclusion: being an immigrant does not make you either Polish, or a swan or carp eater B).

Hi Robert,

I would not let it worry you too much, either way, in this country we cant keep drugs out of prisons, politicians hands out of the till, sewerage out of our waterways, trains to run on time or in the snow, bankers from sharing out public money. people are considered foreigners by established residents if they move from the town to the country or even if they just move from a few villages away.

However we are also the least racist and the most integrated multicultural country in the world as well as being the most overcrowded. We also have a few peculiarities in our basic culture and they are we moan, we complain, we blame every migrant, immigrant or stranger for most of our problems, its our way of life, our basic mentality and our culture guess its best to speak English or British and just get used to our funny ways. We also appear to totally disrespect each other and what each other does just read some of the forum threads on Anglers Net and you will see what I mean.

The English or British are a strange race mixed and multicultural for thousands of years and very much so for the last five hundred years. However once someone puts their head up too far or completely disrespects the country and its culture as a whole that is when problems occur because we are also the country that has had more than its fair share of revolts, revolutions and civil war. We are also and usually totally without warning quite capable of merging into one very nationalistic and patriotic unit, recent world wars will show you what I mean. Like any nation when pushed too far we react and often with extraordinary results, scratch the surface of any Englishman or Britisher and national pride and patriotism will appear.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

I always thought swans were property of the queen. Perhaps more of these heathens would like to be detained at her majesty's pleasure?

they are, if you are caught killing/killed one or your pet kills one (i.e dog) you can be hanged. It's the only law that has the hagging law upon it,

Conclusion: being an immigrant does not make you either Polish, or a swan or carp eater B).

No but still an immigrant none the less and at the moment our country has far to many immigrants who openly ignore our rules/laws and culture.

they are, if you are caught killing/killed one or your pet kills one (i.e dog) you can be hanged. It's the only law that has the hagging law upon it,

Not true! Killing a swan could possibly have been construed as a technical act of treason (as most belong to the queen) - though the death penalty for this was removed from the statute books in 1998. There are now no crimes in the UK punisable with the death penalty (in peace time)....

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Way too many Brits who ignore our laws and rules and do nothing for our 'culture' in my opinion!

Welcome to AN Robert :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music