Chilean miners rescue

poledark

I sat up most of the night watching the rescue efforts...............i admit to tears of joy. Fantastic achievement by all concerned.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I just think its brilliant

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

I sat up most of the night watching the rescue efforts...............i admit to tears of joy. Fantastic achievement by all concerned.

Den

An incredible feat of engineering... an incredible feat of human endurance.

Warms the cockles.

In life we all have an unspeakable secret, an irreversible regret, an unreachable dream and an unforgettable love.

Den

I had a big lump in my throat and tears running down my cheeks when I saw it on the six o'clock news. it peed me off a bit when it was described as a 'miracle' rather than an absolutely brilliant exercise in engineering and an outstanding example of human endurance.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

It reminds me of Apollo 13 as a rescue of awesome proportion. I am overjoyed at the success up to now.

The teamwork is the factor which is most apparent, but it is a phenomenal feat of drilling to go so deep, so accurately and I hope the work of the engineers is acknowledged.

Most of all I hope the miners are kept away from the prurience of the press.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

I can't even begin to imagine how the men and their families must feel.

So nice to have some good news on the television for a change.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I too have to admit to shedding a tear or two! And who amongst us would not! Fantastic acheivement by ALL invloved. But the press leaving them alone? MORE chance of plaiting fog!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))