Chris Tarrant resigns from the ACA

PeterK

This was in the Sunday Papers so i am surprised it has taken this long to make it on to here. Chris Tarrant is a friend of Bob's so it is no real surprise that he felt he should resign as president of the ACA. How the aca operates in the next few weeks and months will determine its future. I would suggest the appointment of a big name president might not go amiss right now.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Peter Martin:

I would suggest the appointment of a big name president might not go amiss right now.

I'll answer the phone politely next time it rings, then :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

"I'll answer the phone politely next time it rings, then"

your worse than Brian Clough Elton......

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

wearyone:

Phil, Locking people out.

It can happen within the most unlikely organisations. It happened to my wife (she was chair of a large publicly funded organisation)

By the time she had access to her office much of what she needed had disappeared. Of course I would be the last person to suggest it could happen within the ACA.

I must live in a far more civilised world, they useually give you at least one morning to clear your stuff.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

quote:

Originally posted by Peter Martin:

I would suggest the appointment of a big name president might not go amiss right now. [/QB]

May I suggest President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo of the Philipines she,s got a big name :)

when you think you know everything think again....

I must live in a far more civilised world, they useually give you at least one morning to clear your stuff.

Its not a question of her clearing her stuff Phil, its a question of not allowing her to clear whatever 'evidence' might be in her files.

[ 14. December 2004, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

May I suggest President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo of the Philipines she,s got a big name

But not as big as

"His Excellency President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Sea, and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular."

He would have been perfect for the job.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

How about neil Kinnock?? the poor bugger never got the chance to rule when he was in charge of the labour party and you gotta admit he really did try :D

I know Arfur scargill, he'd be great we'd have every member of the aca out on strike within a week LOL.

Sorry folks but i really don't see the aca sorting this total mess out for a long long time.

(ps does anyone think BOB JAMES would make a good president for them??)

(pps How about me unca Bruno?? he's got his fingers in loadsa angling pies but he's still got a spare thumb ))

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them