Countyside Alliance and FACT

trent.barbeler

Sportsman:

With regard to your class Peter I neither know nor care, but using words like "Tally Ho" toodlepip and "Harry Snifters" in the context you did certainly sounds like you assume all hunters are some kind of upperclass twits.

Dave, you are prejudging people. Not a good basis for debate.

Perhaps my use of stereotypical catch phrases was rather more indicative of my response and regard for Harry Trenters than as a swipe at the chinless wonder fraternity. And, by the way, I am a hunter, and I do have an old school tie, not that that matters one iota!

Dave, the above was written before I had read your last reply. A reasoned and fair response and one with which I can't, in anyway, disagree with.

[ 21. February 2005, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sslatter

I look forward to meeting you "argyll"..

"sportsman": "Why I was attacked by Graham and accused of having hidden agendas is beyond me.."

Really? You turn up here with "no axe to grind", aver that you have no wish to support the CA or foxhunting, and then launch straight in to a pro-CA/hunting diatribe on the Fishing Polls thread, (including your "take" on what angling "really" is) describing how you went on that CA march to support "field sports", but not hunting? :D You might fool some lesser-witted individuals, but not me pal..

I don't think I have ever met a lesser witted individual, if I did I will have him taken into care (for his own protection you understand)

Hi Argyll thanks for the welcome, I'm just off to look up diatribe as I don't remember writing one!

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

“Oh the brave Fisher's life, It is the best of any, 'Tis full of pleasure, void of strife, And 'tis belov'd of many: Other joys Are but toys; Only this Lawful is, For our skill Breeds no ill, But content and pleasure.” Izaak Walton, The Compleat Angler (Chapter IX)

Sorry about the old stiff, fellas.

"Now, get back into that crypt, Walton. And EFFING SHUT UP!"

Should be okay now...

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

whilst you lot are bitching at each other ,the first of the lets ban angling lot have been on meridean tv on the 6 oclock news ,whilst just the usual crualty twist no doupt the other anti angling groups will be quick to show they hate angling even more ,there was no mention of shooting in case it confuses some to my alegiance :rolleyes:

some spokesman for a vague angling group was on as balance unfortunatly the same old answers came out and the smug self assurance didnt help

[ 21. February 2005, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I look forward to meeting you "argyll"..

For a self styled 'publisher and writer' you indeed have a way with words. Pity none of them carry any weight.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Graham. X:

What gets me is all these "new posters" turning up, all seeming to know each other, all continuing to stir things up to their own pro-hunting agenda. I for one will not sit by and let the pastime I love be hijacked by those whose agenda is clear: hunting, and damn all the rest.

Sportsman, I see from your proflie that you have a real name.

Perhaps the forum should be restricted, like others, to those who are willing to put their own name in their profile.

[ 21. February 2005, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

i almost know Lyn and maybe almost know a couple others albeit being members of the same club ,i dont use my name and never have because i used it on another fishing forum and get confused easily but i used to show my name in my email address (although now i dont the spam hass lessened) but i include my name in my email address in my reply on any i recieve

a search of my name on the web will eventually come up with all my details in my intrepid research.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Peter Waller:

Now the farmer will be free to trap, not having to look after the hunters' interests. I have no problem with that!

Even though he will catch some of the fit, young, healthy, clever foxes that were most likely to evaid the hunt?

Then of course there will be all the badgers and pet cats!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net