Independance for Scotland?

Typical heap of chesters verbal diarrhea that does not answer my original question.

ofcourse it does if i move goods from a company here to a parent or subsidiary in america and sell it via a distributor there its not sold from here therefore it pays no taxes as if it was sold from here.

you are simply moving it about just as if you were moving food from a main warehouse to a supermarket here ,supermarkets do not buy their stock from their own warehouses ,its simply moved there then sold

your question was :

"So if I build a machine here and sell it to an American company that's an export. If I sell it to a Canadian company, and they re-sell that to an American consumer that's not an export?"

moving is not selling ;) if a British owned company (one thats head office is here) sells it it pays the full whack because it cannot choose the country of convenience it pays the taxes to, foreign companies can just move goods as parts (back to the cars again) and put in the last screw back in a country they have a factory in and pay that countries tax.

why do you think they employ thousands of legal eagles getting around tax laws :rolleyes:

i think your ae being very nieve if you think foreign owned companies operating here have the same taxes and red tape thrust on them as the company they bought did ,if they did then why did the original company fold and how can the new company make enough (compared to operating from say india) money to make it worth while ,in after though i expect BMW etc dont pay any taxes at all to the UK as it would be far cheaper to build somewhere else ,therefore as i said the government pumping enough funds (via tax exclusions ,incentives call it what you like) to make the expense at least on parr with the country BMW threaten to move to.

if companies paid the UKs sky high rates they would never come

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings 'Alan Stubbs' :)

Now you hang on there 'Alan Stubbs', don't you dare suggest, not for one moment, that 'The Times' is a reliable source of news & information. I've recently been having a go at 'England's Finest', the polis [This because of the passing of Mr Ian Tomlinson & their behaviour generally.] & I was told by several fellow forum members that I shouldn't believe what I read in the papers; the 'paper' in question being 'The Times'. <_<

The tone of several of the respondents to my thread bordered on personal abuse, & not one of them' who got cute said what he, or she, thought about the question I raised (i.e.) "What do you think about the circumstances surrounding the death of Ian Tomlinson"? <_<

So, you be careful when you mention that an article in 'The Times' could be described as being 'eloquent', you may regret it my friend. <_<

Alan, you've posted a good thread re. Scots independence, but what you suggest is not going to happen. Salmond knows we're a bunch of 100% suckers down here & I wouldn't be at all surprised if we English end up paying 'Them North of The Border' a damn sight more than we do now? Also, I fancy what we're forking out currently to 'them up yonder' may be a damn sight more than the 8 million quid you mention, you could well have missed 'the one' off the front of the eight? <_<

Regards,

H. :)

I was referring to a letter in the Times. It was quite eloquent - I didn't vouch for it's accuracy. Simply, it reflected my own thoughts a long time ago.

I make no comment about the veracity of any Murdochian journalism, other than The Times is at least a better read than the red-top tit flashers who then go on to complain about tit flashing.

BTW 'Alan Stubbs' is my given name - I don't need to apostrophise it. If I've got something contentious to say, I'll do it without hiding behind an pseudonym.

Edited by Alan Stubbs

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

If they want independence then let them go for it and the Welsh as well as long as they expect no representation in Parliament and that they foot their own bills via their own taxation.

What they forget is that the English have subsidised Scotland and Wales for decades and continue to do so.

Frankly I would be quite happy to see the dismantling of the union it would save us a fortune!

Hello One Again Alan, :)

In 'terms of Scots Independence' you're making, perhaps, the mistake of judging the situation via your heart & not your head. <_<

In old Alex Salmond the Scots have a master tactician who, if indepence becomes a reality, is going to con. the 'then' English government big time. Our lot haven't got the guts to give Old Alex the hard word, the worst he'll get is a continuance of the present arrangements for at least 10 years after independence. Can you imagine that Alan, having to listen to old that nit-wit bumming his chuck for ever & a day & whilst we down here pay for it all?

David Cameron's playing a very intelligent game here [With both the Lib. Dems. & the Labour Party] inasmuch as he's willing to let the Scots go their own way thus denying the Labour Party of 30 plus seats in Westminster, and (B) Taking the Lib.Dems. into coalition & letting the electorate see what a bunch of total plonkers they really are. Tactically brilliant, he's to be congratulated. :)

As ever, regards :)

H.

I posted that up 4 days ago. Page 7...a different view.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I posted that up 4 days ago. Page 7...a different view.
I know Andy, I just thought it was worth posting again.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I was referring to a letter in the Times. It was quite eloquent - I didn't vouch for it's accuracy. Simply, it reflected my own thoughts a long time ago.

I make no comment about the veracity of any Murdochian journalism, other than The Times is at least a better read than the red-top tit flashers who then go on to complain about tit flashing.

BTW 'Alan Stubbs' is my given name - I don't need to apostrophise it. If I've got something contentious to say, I'll do it without hiding behind an pseudonym.

Hello Alan, :)

Alan, you're to be admired using your, as you put it, 'given name' when posting stuff onto AN. I would do the same but in view of the fact that I'm a bit of coward I prefer to use a nom-de-plume.

Something else anall, you should be careful when using words such as 't*t' when posting [unless you're referring to the garden bird, but they don't 'flash much' do they?] in case you get a 'Super Moderator' on your case. I don't know what it is, but there's something doesn't sound right about that title, should it not be 'Senior Moderator'? Sounds better doesn't it? <_<

Regards, :)

H of The River

Meta-moderator is the usual term. I participate in a large IT forum, with many moderators. I am a meta-moderator there. I moderate the moderators.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Hello Alan, :)

Alan, you're to be admired using your, as you put it, 'given name' when posting stuff onto AN. I would do the same but in view of the fact that I'm a bit of coward I prefer to use a nom-de-plume.

Something else anall, you should be careful when using words such as 't*t' when posting [unless you're referring to the garden bird, but they don't 'flash much' do they?] in case you get a 'Super Moderator' on your case. I don't know what it is, but there's something doesn't sound right about that title, should it not be 'Senior Moderator'? Sounds better doesn't it? <_<

Regards, :)

H of The River

It's possible to be provocative without incurring the wrath of the moderators. Now there's an invite.....

I don't think there's much wrong with the use of the word 'tit' - after all, in any sense of the word they're things of beauty!

Bell-ends of course are another matter! On that subject, your predecessor as provoker of political, racial and religious argument had the ability to seriously get up my nose - I don't mind people putting an argument forward, but I do get mightily irritated when they invented their own stats - as the person I'm referring to made a pastime out of doing - and hadn't the decency to admit he could possibly be wrong. He no longer posts, it's sad because I loved being thought of as uber-liberal in my outlook. Many of us thought he flt the Nazi party were too moderate!

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine