Who's been shooting cormorants?

Leon Roskilly

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

,giving details of the number of birds shot, twice annually at the end of January and June'

Thats the trouble with cormorants. Shoot 'em and they just get up, shrug it off and fly away.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Well if I owned a trout farm/fishery I would shoot them

If not I would admire their fishing ability

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

nobody is saying don't shoot them

but when the returns are sent in, just forget to put the right number that you shot that way no one knows how many have been shot

les

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.

The difference between light and hard is that you can sleep with a light on.

Permission to shoot cormorants was only granted after a long and hard campaign from angling bodies,the angling press and fishery owners against the mis-informed RSPB and others who see nothing wrong with the bird(pest).

It would be a shame to loose that right just because a few licencees can't or hav'nt returned their shooting results which was a condition of the licence anyway.

To all those who admire the bird I say take a trip to Winderemere and see the damage roosting birds have done to trees on the islands at Windermere, and examine the impact they've had on our indigenous inland piscavarious birds.

If any clubs have shooting licences then please return all information required to prevent any further damage to our stocks from this bird

Brian Carragher:

It would be a shame to loose that right just because a few licencees ...hav'nt returned their shooting results

Unfortunately it is not "a few" but according to the report "over a hundred" :(

I wonder what proportion of the issued licences that is?

By not making the returns, the licensees, far from shooting cormorants, are shooting themselves in the foot.

A year or so back, one local fishery did a lot of moaning about cormorants, but when I took the trouble to get the licensing documents for him, could not be bothered to fill them in. :mad:

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

havent seen any this year :confused:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

chesters1:

havent seen any this year   :confused:  

True, tho' son-in-law (married No 2 daughter) has had one or two in his lobster pots

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...