Top Pike Angler My Ar5e!!!!!!!!!!

Polly

Mark raises some of the points I have.Maybe he will get an answer.

Mark all forums contain posts that are both good and bad P&P being a prime example!

Nice that Jason has come on to the site and helped put things straight.But why so hung up about litigation? Pollys brother has apeared to have made a mistake (yes I do agree that it may have all been avoided with a simple chat)but an understandable one and hopefully without any malice intended?

Lrt us all remember once again how easy it is to jump to conclusions without all the facts.

Hope this wont affect Pollys bruvs chance of syndicate membership Jason? he certainly has proved that he would be a stickler for the rules.Better member than I would make mate!Do you allow live baits? :P:D:D

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"And slimy things did crawl with legs, upon the slimy sea!"

Unity is strength?

http://www.gone-fishing.info/

[ 14. January 2004, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Polly:

pike angler sitting under his shelter with 2 rods out in the peg he was sitting at and a further 4 (yes, total 6) single rods each occupying a peg adjacent to where he sat. In other words ONE angler, SIX rods, FIVE swims. Each rod was alarmed with front and rear (drop-off) alarms but even so the furthest was at least 60 yards from where he sat.

Polly:

Polly, whomever you may be, i don't normally answer people on this type of forum who do not have the courage to post under their real names, but in this instance i will.

Firstly, i run the Nunnery Fishery at Thetford and have done now for over ten years. The angler to whom you refer seeing fishing at the Nunnery is a member of a small, ten man pike syndicate that fish two of the lakes on the complex. He has paid his money for this priviledge in the same manner as the other nine members have.

On the day to which you refer, our man was accompanied by another member of the pike syndicate, with both members fishing with three rods as i allow them to do. For a short period during the day, the other angler had left the lake in question to go and have a look at another lake on the complex, leaving our man looking after his gear. If you had taken the time to look perhaps a tad closer, you would have seen that three of the rods that our man was minding had in fact been wound in, and were not actually fishing.

Although i was not actually present at the fishery on the day in question, these events have been confirmed for me by other members of the general syndicate who were present.

I too would strongly advise you against 'naming names' over this matter. This angler has clearly not been fishing with six rods in the way that you describe on the day in question, and for you to suggest otherwise thus attacking his reputation in the public arena, is something that, from a legal angle, i would suggest you seek legal advice before doing.

One final shot if i may. I have always found in life that the most sensible course of action to follow before forming an opinion about an individual, is to at least talk to them first.In this instance, if you had in fact chosen to talk to the man first prior to critising him here, then perhaps this situation would not have arisen.

I very much hope that this will be an end to this matter, and that all participants in this thread can just get on with going fishing and enjoying themselves, rather that worrying what might or might not have happened at a small lake in Norfolk on Sunday.

Jason Davis

Two anglers, five swims, and the fishery owner comes on and defends them?

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!

to a point it would depend what constituted a swim. if they are just seperated by say a bunch of reeds then that is probably in most peoples eyes acceptable, if you have to go up a bank and then back down again?

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

Eddie,do you know how big this water is? how many anglers are in the syndicate? did all this happen on a busy weekend or an empty midweek day?

Regardless of the above I think that the fishery manager is entitled to do as he wishs.Not heard anyone who is a paying member of his water complaining have we? And I thought all the allegations of six rods and sixty yard spacings had been cleared up as a simple misunderstanding.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

It was a missunderstanding thats all, the reaction of some people here has been way over the top (no surprise there).

And now after its been cleared up we still have people moaning about how many swims he had taken up.

I thought it was a private water? Whatever anyone does in private is NOTHING to do with anyone else.

Of course the argument of fish safety will be dragged out but if the angler is who I think it is then i'm sure that no harm would have come to any of the fish.

There is a bit of an anti Pike & anti big name attitude on here at times.

Plus the 'holier than thou' attitute that seem to be appearing more and more in each thread, I find it hard to believe that all these people posting have never broken any rule or law EVER, no-one is trully inocent but it would appear that they are and they all post here!!!!!

Mr Waller, you were responsible for many arguments and a lot of the trouble that P+P forum is infamous for, before you left there.

Scott.

I'd like to thank Mark Barrett for his kind advice. I hadn't realised that bouncing a lead across the bottom was a better way of learning about a water than watercraft earned through experience, but I'm just a simple country lad.

Perhaps I'd forgotten how good static fishing could be. After all, it was back in 1968 that I caught my first double-figure pike on a legered deadbait. And 1971 when I banked my first 20-plus on a float-paternostered livebait. That's a long time ago, I surprise myself with my vivid recall of those distant memories.

Luckily, I've fluked a few out to static and roaming styles since then. Including a few 25-plus to static deadbaits, float-fished livebaits and lures. From boat and bank, UK and Ireland.

But, like I say, I've a lot to learn (I'm still a few ounces shy of 30 lb) and I appreciate your advice, Mark.

Fenboy

fenboy:

But, like I say, I've a lot to learn (I'm still a few ounces shy of 30 lb) and I appreciate your advice, Mark.

dont come back till you've had a thirty. how dare you come on here and throw your weight around without any experience to back yourself up

seriously for a minute (and only for a minute i promise) good that jason came on here to set things straight.