Perch season

Anderoo

Emma, that's fine, you've made that very clear, you don't need to keep saying it. Ta.

Yes it does need saying 'cos it's the same every year, (and the banging on about 'winter pikin' too) someone goes on ad nauseam about the shorter days, falling leaves etc and it being the time for predator fishin'...if I don't need, accordin' to you, to keep sayin' it ('it' being that it's both inaccurate and misleading) then why do we still, and we are almost sure to hear the same next year, hear it all over again.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone feels it is Perch fishing season for them, then what is the problem Emma? I know it may initially mislead the uninitiated but I'm sure that many of us associate seasons with different fish. i.e. Tench from June to August, Perch from September to November, Barbel from August to mid October.

Its like saying its not Lunchtime because you don't have Lunch per se, you have Dinner. And your Dinner time is 2 hours later than the others' perceived Lunchtime, therefore it shouldn't/doesn't exist. Lets not get into Brunch, Supper and Midnight Feasts either!

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

I was kind of hoping this would turn into a running topic where people posted up their perch fishing reports/questions/observations (like the fantastic one Chris Plumb started a couple of years ago) but it's 5 pages long now and apart from about 2 posts it's been nothing to do with perch. So this one can be the argument over whether it's OK to called autumn 'perch season', and I'll start a new proper one tomorrow when I'm back from fishing. I'll call it 'autumn perch fishing' or something so Emma's knickers remain untwisted :rolleyes:

Emma, I guarantee you will hear the same thing next year, and every other year. Maybe that should tell you something.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

It's Perch time and only one more week until Pike time :clap2:

Predator Season the best time of the fishing calendar, so much to do over the next few months.

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek

.....I'll start a new proper one tomorrow when I'm back from fishing. I'll call it 'autumn perch fishing'...

...and the first post in response to OP of the new thread will be;

2/5: something other than a perch catch

Evens: congratulations on a perch catch

2/1: a perch catch from another poster

4/1: a chub catch

5/1: a chub catch from another poster

20/1 a roach catch

100/1 a tench catch

:D

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

...and the first post in response to OP of the new thread will be;

2/5: something other than a perch catch

Evens: congratulations on a perch catch

2/1: a perch catch from another poster

4/1: a chub catch

5/1: a chub catch from another poster

20/1 a roach catch

100/1 a tench catch

:D

Yes, you're probably right Rusty! I don't mind when topics wander about, but the ones that get taken completely off course are annoying.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

That's why people are hearing less and less from me...A good thing did I hear the shout go up...hehehe

I feel there are a few determined to treat the coarse fishing forum as a chat room, sure argue, friendly banter, micky taking, sure threads move and evolve, no problem. However its the total move away from any relation to the thread that is killing it for me.

I was going to do one on old fashioned Perch baits but now I think, oh, get on with it, I'll keep quiet.

Edited by watatoad

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

‘’If someone feels it is Perch fishing season for them, then what is the problem Emma? ‘’

And if someone else knows it’s not the (universal at least) perch ‘season’ then whats the problem with that?

“I know it may initially mislead the uninitiated”

So does that mean you are concerned only with the ontological comfort of those who already see things your way?

‘’I was kind of hoping this would turn into a running topic where people posted up their perch fishing reports/questions/observations it's been nothing to do with perch’’.

The posts are bang on the thread given that the title is ‘perch season’... not perch techniques/bait/tackle/reports etc

“Emma, I guarantee you will hear the same thing next year, and every other year. Maybe that should tell you something.”

And perhaps it should tell you the same thing? That within fishin’ as with other areas of life, certain groups, sometimes based upon geography will respond in a certain way when their dyed in the wool assumptions and beliefs are challenged.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Nobody was claiming this was a universal perch season Emma. In all the years I've been on AN (and reading other forums) this is the time of year the perch topics start.

The posts are not bang on, they are an annoying diversion from what this topic could have been. Unfortunately there's an awful lot of this going on at the moment.

And quite clearly nobody is challenging your beliefs. You can take it as read that we all know that when people start posting about tench in April there will be parts of the country that will have to wait several weeks before their waters get to that stage, when people post about pike in the winter there will be parts of the country where the best is well and truly over, and when people post about perch in the autumn there will be parts of the country where it will not apply. It doesn't mean we have to relentlessly take every such topic off course. Please stop trying to be offended by everything.

Something like this is what I was hoping for: http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/Autumn-...amp;mode=linear

Ah well.

Androo,

And to think I stuck my nose in here earlier. Seems like the only time you Englishmen are in unison is when a Yank interfers and comments. Can I help?

Certainly this thread is "different" than the other one you notated.

Phone

Wish I could do smiley faces.