Bailing out the Euro

ColinW

And judging by some remarks, that is a stupid way to run a country, we should knuckle down to the pompous gits who sit on the EU boards and dictate to us how curved a bloody banana should be, or how red an apple should be. We should repent and come into line with the European States.
This is the stupid kind of EU argument that makes me mad. Do you think that the EU is the only place in the world where fruit and vegetables are graded?

The "bent banana" directive was aimed at growers and distributors, not to supermarkets and greengrocers, but the Sun and the Daily Mail never told you that bit.

America has standards for the sugar quantity, interior pressure and colour of apples and has done since 1923.

http://naturallydelicious.ca/info_grading.php

Camada has regulations for rhubarb, which specify the diameter and the colour of the stalks of rhubarb.

http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/food/i...eld_rhubarb.htm

We have graded potatoes, onions and carrots into different classes for decades. I can remember going "tattie lifting" or "tattie howking" in the 1960s and the spuds were graded for size and shape in the field as they were being harvested.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please feel free to get mad.

I dont read the sun nor the daily mail, never bought a newspaper for years, dont like the crap thats in them.

Maybe the good old BBC should have a word with its self ;)

I too use to pick chatties on farms near my parents house when i was a kid.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

...cards went back to the little wee mighty ones time, i would say Napoleon but cannot spell his name,LoL :P
They don't not really. The ID card system that France uses today has only been in existence since 1955. It is not cumpulsory to have one, but most French people have one. It is free after all :)

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Complete tongue in cheek reply from me BTW.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Please feel free to get mad.

I dont read the sun nor the daily mail, never bought a newspaper for years, dont like the crap thats in them.

Maybe the good old BBC should have a word with its self ;)

I too use to pick chatties on farms near my parents house when i was a kid.

Ah well that's something we have in common. I never read the bloody things either. I used to like tattie lifting. :)

And thanks again.

There's a pattern developing here, all ID card that are a legal requirement seem to be from a country that had a dictatorship in power ! barring France that is, i dint think ID cards went back to the little wee mighty ones time, i would say Napoleon but cannot spell his name,LoL :P

Any driver in the UK carries ID with them. Here in Ireland also, any driver must have their driving license at all times when driving, it's no different. I must have my passport when flying with Ryanair, it's not a big deal. Anyone who doesn't wish to be identifiable to those in authority IMO has something to hide, or is up to no good. Your fishing license is a form of ID, I assume you carry it with you when fishing? :rolleyes:

IF YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE THE BEST

Don't seek a second opinion.

http://www.anglingireland.info

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..

Any driver in the UK carries ID with them. Here in Ireland also, any driver must have their driving license at all times when driving, it's no different. I must have my passport when flying with Ryanair, it's not a big deal. Anyone who doesn't wish to be identifiable to those in authority IMO has something to hide, or is up to no good. Your fishing license is a form of ID, I assume you carry it with you when fishing? :rolleyes:
There is no legal requirement to carry your driving license with you in the UK.

A drivers licence is a permit which states the owner is capable of driving a motor vehicle, and judging by some drivers i've seen they dont deserve one

I am NOT agains any for of ID,

as far as i'm concerned the sooner we have them the better. As for being not wanting to be identified, i agree with you 100%

Fishing licence

Whats one of them. :P

>>>>>>>>V

VV

>

>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

With me 24/7 365 days mate, never off my person. I liked last years barbel as against this years carp, didnt you ? :D

“Vescere bracis meis”

There is no legal requirement to carry your driving license with you in the UK.

There is here Cory, i can remember more than a couple of times Brits getting stopped and not having their licence in the car. :lol: Used to the UK system i suppose.

Driving licence is not accepted as a valid ID by the authorities here though.

We have to carry out insurance receipt as well as display the valid MOT (ITV here) on the windscreen. Its a sticker thing that you cant get off again in one piece. :lol:

There is here Cory, i can remember more than a couple of times Brits getting stopped and not having their licence in the car. :lol: Used to the UK system i suppose.

Driving licence is not accepted as a valid ID by the authorities here though.

We have to carry out insurance receipt as well as display the valid MOT (ITV here) on the windscreen. Its a sticker thing that you cant get off again in one piece. :lol:

Same as France, except no road tax in France. Insurance is a carnet on the windscreen. Can't remember how the MOT works in France. It's been a wee while since I drove a car in France, normally I get driven whilst over there.