Dead bait presentation.

Norfolkdipper

Now it is the predator season :-

What is the correct way to hook your deadbait? Facing you or facing away. Hook to head & dorsal or dorsal & tail???

I never have worked this one out, so any advice appreciated...

Mark.

Fishing is the most peaceful & solitary group activity a going. Every watewr is different every day, thanks for that as same would be boring....

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Norfolk,

I suspect you're going to ge as many opinions as there are anglers.

The option most favored in the US is not one you've offered. Tail hooked.

I'm assuming the "deadbait" is a minnow? Not a chicken liver.

Phone

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Norfolk,

I suspect you're going to ge as many opinions as there are anglers.

The option most favored in the US is not one you've offered. Tail hooked.

I'm assuming the "deadbait" is a minnow? Not a chicken liver.

Phone

Phone

How would you present a live fish as bait. I don't do it very often I haven't done so for years but I use Newt's method. In one eye socket and out the other.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Cory,

Well, I've always been told that how to keep a minnow alive a lot longer, through the eyes. It is also a "tough" place and hard to cast off your bait hooked like that. Newt's a bass guy, that's how many bass guys do it. I actually believe the target species dictates presentation. For crapie (a smallish schooling perch like fish) very small minnows tail hooked are favored. If you are flathead catfishing with 12/0 hooks and one pound carp for bait you better have the hook woven in, out, around, up, and then tied down.

Peter makes a good point. Not sure why he would squeeze the barb execpt I guess it is politically correct? Lots of large fish in the "pike" family are targeted in this manner.

Phone