Cholesterol

Sportsman

Importance of Cholesterol levels  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know your current cholesterol level?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not interested
  2. 2. Do you take steps to alter your cholesterol level?

• Eat a low saturated fat diet
    • Use cholesterol lowering products such as spreads and yoghurts
    • Take prescribed medications (statins)
    • Just eat what I like
  3. 3. Do you think that cholesterol level is important and affects your health?

• Yes, low is better
    • Yes, high is better
    • Don't think it matters

First time I have set up a poll so hope it works.

This is purely for my own interest as it is a subject dear to my heart ;)

Please indulge me

Dave

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seems fine :thumbs:

you certainly have a bee in your bonnet over it ,careful you don't have a heart attack :D

my mrs has big problems with her blood pressure ,now she's on beta blockers but i think her epilepsy drugs aren't helping.

not sure if shes still on statins but she was/is taking them .

i rarely use salt as an additive as we mainly eat processed food which contains to much but strangely my mrs is advised to take it because her blood salt levels keep dropping

trouble is as i keep saying just what "truth" can you depend on when there's billions of £ in it for large companies ,as for side effects theres the risk of everything just being alive + far more than on most drug box inserts :D

its a bit like antioxidants being good for you ,yes they are a natural part of food but is there scientific proof taking extra does anything ,sure there no side effects eating food with antioxidants but a lot of money is made on the belief they "may" be beneficial encouraging you to take more

anyway back to cholesterol i bet out there somewhere theres a shady clinic that sticks you on a dialysis machine on the expensive pretext it removes the "bad" cholesterol :D

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I don't know my cholesterol level but, then again I've always eaten a 'healthy' diet. By which I mean a balanced diet.......including quite a high proportion of fish and fresh veg. Not because I'm super health conscious but rather because I like it!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I eat a very varied diet with lots of fresh fruit and veg and plenty of pulses - although I eat a bit to much of it.

I exercise daily.

I don't smoke.

I do drink, again, more than my GP might recommend but not to excess.

My biggest health risk factors are undoubtedly my mode of transport for commuting (a bike) and the fact that I have a sedentary job that sees me sitting for hours.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

You mean, as the old saying goes, more than he does?

No idea, I've never met the guy.

I registered two and a half years ago when I moved house but haven't had cause to see a doctor for more than three years.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Theres some evidence that high cholesterol is inherited. My father who has high cholesterol cant control it by diet alone. The last time the doc tried without statins he was 14+.

I also believe that like blood pressure an individual will have a level that suits them. I also know that what you eat up to 2 days before a test will be reflected in the test. I learnt this the hard way. Now 2 days before any test I deliberately restrict my diet knowing it will result in a low figure.

Now 2 days before any test I deliberately restrict my diet knowing it will result in a low figure.

Is that merely to satisfy your doctor, or what? :unsure: