Spinning with boilies!

*Ant*

Just got back from a carp session with a story of a strange capture.

Deciding to recast, I began to reel in my 18mm hair-rigged pineapple boilie. When approx 20 yards from the bank, WHACK! something takes the boilie on the retrieve. After a short fight I land a........4lb 9oz zander.

Is this a first for AN?

Sunday i'm going spinning for carp.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, never had a zander do it to me (of course, no zander over here).

I did have a piece of dead bait out in a rocky section of river with a fast current. Dedided to move the bait and reeled in as fast as I could to try and avoid getting hung up in the rocks.

A nice smallmouth bass of maybe 2-3 lbs nailed the dead while I was reeling in. All I had to do was to keep reeling (slower though) since the bait was moving more than fast enough when he hit to hook him nicely.

BTW - it was the first and last smallmouth bass I've ever caught since the don't live where I am either and this happened my one river trip when I was in MN where the do have lots of them.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Ive caught a rudd on a bare hook. I was fishing in a match and was just setting float shotting casted in and the float just sank away "strange I thought sure that float took that last time" reeled in and there was a rudd........took some explaining was before the all-in !

I'm back is fishing like riding a bike? you never forget how?

I've had a Pike take an empty bait dropper as I retrieved it - had it on for a while - caused me some consternation as I hadn't set up my landing net yet - it solved the problem for me by eventually letting go as I guided it to the bank.

Chris

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

My Biggest pike (12lb, I'm not a pike fan or angler ) Was caught on a small cube of luncheon meat intended for a tench. the pike grabbed it just as I started to retrieve, and was fairly hooked in the scissors.

Was an interesting fight on my JW avon and 6lb line!

Mat

I had a Pike attack a piece of Strawberry Luncheon meat whilst fishing for Barbel on the Hamps Avon, again this struck as I retrived for a recast. Also had several feeders taken the same way...I must stop painting eyes on them.. :D

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

quote:

Originally posted by Anthony:

Just got back from a carp session with a story of a strange capture.

Deciding to recast, I began to reel in my 18mm hair-rigged pineapple boilie. When approx 20 yards from the bank, WHACK! something takes the boilie on the retrieve. After a short fight I land a........4lb 9oz zander.

Is this a first for AN?

Sunday i'm going spinning for carp.

In a word Yes ... a zed on a boilie .... never heard of that before. Of course, pike will grab most things including a £400 bait-boat loaded with a makerel and dripping with injected oils .

.... and yup, carp and tench, and bream will all take spinners ... nowt new there ... but zeds on boilies?! .. could be the new method for the nest Season

Nice one

DG

yep strange but true I had a small carp mirror of about a pound take my bare hook after dropping it in the margins in order to unravel a knot by the real :):D

I have wrestled with reality for 46 years,still wrestling.

I was fishing a lake where there are very big Carp and was using a medium size cage feeder filled with tuna flake. I got a massive take which almost pulled the (match feeder) rod in the water, reeled in to find the CAGE FEEDER missing (just the bracket on the line). I thought "Oh I must have snagged the bottom!". So I cast out again with a new cage feeder and exactly the same thing happened AGAIN

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

i caught a small tench a couple of years back while plumbing the depth on the staffs worc canal.Never had a bite during the match with bait on my hook!!!!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: