Free Speech, Anyone?

Elton

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go Chesters.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I don't agree with her, she's obviously out of her head and pretty disillusioned, but it's free speech.

She's a British person, in Britain, and if that's the way she feels I think she should be allowed to say as much.

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

Nothing wrong at all in what she says , probably true by any standards. Its a shame there aren't a lot more people prepared to rise above all the "rights and rules" of the land and say what they think. Good on her!!!!!!

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

If the 'right' to free speech extends to being allowed to insult fellow human beings with a tirade of foul-mouthed ignorant bullcrap as they go about their lawful daily business, then I hope that this 'right' is also accompanied by the right to have your head stamped on repeatedly.

Just my opinion, like.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

yes that is what you get in a democaracy ,you may hear something you don't like

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

yes that is what you get in a democaracy ,you may hear something you don't like

Exactly

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

Impossible to stop people having 'opinions' (although education may help, in some instances, to form them), but should this woman be allowed to, ahem, 'express' them like this?

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europ...al-2947985.html

In my opinion, no. She is entitled to hold those opinions and to offer them to anyone who invites her to, but if we all went around shouting and insulting random strangers, then this country would not be a very nice place to be in.

I've already seen people arguing both sides of the story, though.

I am neither Bigot nor Racist, but

1. She is actually saying out loud what others dare not.

2. I experienced first hand this kind of abuse from a group of Asians and they were not arrested.

3. I have had experienced comments like this in London from other Ethnic groups and not one was arrested.

4. In the UK only a white person can be racist or so it seems.

You see Muslims burning flags and chanting. Yet even though it insults the UK they get away with it.

Is that not racism too?

My best friend working for a Local Council was verbally and racially abused, he is white, by a Black tenant because he was late due to a road accident.

It was recorded by his friend for over 5 minutes.

He got **** off and told her to shut her dirty black mouth.

He was sacked, arrested and charged with racial offenses. The tenant, even though she was recorded being racist herself, received an official apology from the council.

My friend tried to press for charges to be laid against her and the Police said there were none to press and was advised that if he did not stop further charges would be laid against him.

His marriage failed, he lost his home and family.....he has not been seen for 2 years.

In my home Town immigrants almost make up over 1/4 of the community, mostly Polish.

A friend of mine who is Polish worked for 6 years in the UK, sent all his money home and now has a portfolio of 15 properties in Poland. Could a UK national do the same? No. I don't fault him for doing it but the system is so unfairly balanced.

How many UK nationals could be employed but for foreign nationals taking the jobs?

a brit worker in poland could send his money home he has exactly the same right as any other eu member the difference is the money wouldnt get him a bean now all the polish are living here forcing the house prices up :D

there is a great fallacy about low paid workers "helping " the economy ,in real terms they themselves are a drain just as ethnic low paid workers are IE on basic wage you put far less into the pot than you take out and EU workers coming here have the same extra benefits we can get housing benefit right up to child benefit.

the people who want the low paid workers are industry who bank on foreigners doing jobs they would naturally have to pay higher wages to get ethnic workers .foreign workers keep wages down the only people who get rich are those employing and supplying them

its not one way the brits used to do the reverse and work in germany and to save money they also bunked up many to a room etc ,if foreigners paid out the same as we did in everyday life there would be no advantage coming here

now there are no poor foreigners anyone that comes here has to get their money paid out in advance for their lodgings just as we do ,if not somewhere in the background they are being helped by the government or fraud is rife

IE how can johny foreigner coming from a "poor" country afford to stump up a grand for a crummy room all in advance plus a cut of the council tax ,i certainly couldnt ,how can he feed/clothe and get transport for himself for a month until the first payday? look harder its not as black and white as it seems

at one time labour used to protest immigrants recieved no income support (and the benifits that follow on getting it) well they did the difference is it wasnt called "income support" and it wasnt managed by DWP giving the impression they got nothing.

DO we (or more likely legally allowed) throw immigrants from outside the EU on the street to fend for themselves ofcourse not they get their money from the government just its not admitted out loud ;)

as i keep saying ask a 16 year old boy to go to the council and demand lodgings and he will be thrown out ,where does a 16 year old afghan go when he gets pulled out of a lorry in dover ,yes he's nice and warm and well fed by dusk.

thats probably why so many kids get up the duff ,nt by mistake but its the only way they can get out of the family home today getting pregnant is the ethnic form of getting pulled out of a lorry you KNOW if you say your having problems at home (in stepney or afghanistan) you will get help the difference is spoiling your life to get it which is shocking in the 21st century in a so called civilised country.

our poor kids get pregnant to get a place foreigners getting handed them for just appearing here for no reason get pregnant to keep them

its not johny foreigner being johny foreigner thats the problem its seeing that they are treated far better than the poor we already have here and councils the government and charities falling over themselves making sure their looked after better than the poorest here thats people are beginning to notice ,if johnny foreigner fits in looks like us works like us he's one of us ,if he demands more than us insists his rights are valued more than ours and refuses to integrate fully he gets annoying

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson