Woman wearing 'The Christian Cross' in the workplace.

HERUTILUS

Greetings Fellow Members, :)

Bearing in mind that the recent topic titled 'Proud & Prejudiced' engendered an excellent response, I wonder what 'them out there' have to say about the ongoing situation where two public sector work-woman are taking 'the-powers-that-be' to The European Court of Human Rights because they've been informed, in no uncertain terms anall, by the PC Police that they are not allowed to wear/display small 'Christian Cross' necklaces, brooches or whatever in the workplace.

One of them is, or was, a NHS nurse [she's either suspended or up-the-road?] you know, the same NHS who are always in the news, nearly always for the wrong reasons.

What do you think, 'Himself DavyR' must have an opinion, he's an NHS loyalist. <_<

As ever, regards y'all :)

The Pragmatist. :)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good on them, i hope they win their case and shove it where the sun dont shine on the pathetic liberals and PC brigade :lol:

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I don't think anyone should get a free pass on workplace uniform rules just because they have an imaginary friend - especially if the rules exist for infection control reasons.

I can only speak about the nurse. The nurses uniform code states "no jewellery" Not too difficult to understand the reasons for that. Maybe easier if you're a pathetic liberal ;)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I can only speak about the nurse. The nurses uniform code states "no jewellery" Not too difficult to understand the reasons for that. Maybe easier if you're a pathetic liberal ;)

You mean my desire to wear this religious trinket is less important than the wellbeing of patients?

brooch.JPG

A cross covered by uniform, where's the problem in that.

I wonder how many foreign hospitals have banned things like it ??.

The wearing of any neck ornaments by nurses are not acceptable because they could be used as a ligature by out of control patients.

The idiotic PC brigade and out of touch silly liberals should realise, they dont live in a perfect little world, maybe they think they do, but alas its all an illusion LoL :D

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Obviously not covered up

cross.jpg

I will write this slowly for the hard of understanding.

The nurses dress code states "no jewellery"

That actually means that nurses can not wear jewellery whilst they are in uniform and on duty.

Not too difficult :D

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Good on them, i hope they win their case and shove it where the sun dont shine on the pathetic liberals and PC brigade :lol:
I'm neither PC nor liberal (when you use the word liberal in this context it's meant to have a lower-case L Andrew). State actors should not be wearing symbols of their religious beliefs at work. It wouldn't pass in the US of A nor in France and it shouldn't pass here either.

It seems to me that you and Mr H have problems with the concept of "separation of church and state"

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Heru,

Where is the source for such a claim?

From your (UK) " http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/religion-or-belief-discrimination " page I have cut and pasted the following. """"If you wear clothing or jewellery for religious reasons, your employer should make sure any dress code doesn't discriminate against you. A flexible dress code is usually possible, as long as health and safety isn't at risk.""""

This cannot be a new issue. Have I cited the proper law in referrence to your thread?

Phone