Woman wearing 'The Christian Cross' in the workplace.

HERUTILUS

So a blanket ban on ALL religious parafanalia, that includes turbans, Hindu dots on the face etc, fair play to that, whats good for one should be good for others

I'll get in before our resident Fracophiles and point out that the French manage to do just that.

Better yet, where they have to expand the principle beyond the public services where the state can claim separation of church and state trumps religious wishes, they have the good sense to ban covering ones face in public (crash hats, balaclavers, niqab etc), they don't single out any one religious group to bash - even if it does get portrayed in the UK gutter press as a "burka ban".

It wouldn't be that hard to say that nobody delivering a public service may openly wear any symbols representing a particular religious or political affiliation whilst delivering those services.

At home, they can do what they will. They can dress up as a puritan and sit on a spike (Blackadder reference for the confused) for all I care but not in the workplace.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IN other words not one religious group has been targeted, so to speak. Hence a blanket ban on paraphernalia regarding their religious persuasion, beliefs, etc

But remember we are in Britain, and not on the continent, no doubt the PC brigade will jump.

For once i agree with the Frenchies. :)

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

For once i agree with the Frenchies.

Shh. Keep it quiet......

BTW: Off topic but it'll be interesting so see how the ban on face coverings holds up if ever bird flu really takes off. I suspect that the face masks will come out quicksmart....

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

perhaps people get god brownie points for advertising their particular version ,i have only ever owned one bit of jewellery i had a silver ring with a deaths head on ,i sold it for fag money and found out many years later it was a ring given to the widows of killed SS? officers ,i wish i had it now!

no jewellery now my mrs collects it though :D

when you live in a democratic society it gets difficult picking on one thing or one practice so you have to annoy the masses stopping the few doing what some may dislike.

you could easily stop burqas here ,if you can unhood hoodies by laws then you can do the same with any head "covering" as france has done ,i fancy a breton fishermans cap i think i will be fine as its not a covering its a cap.

but if you ban burqas then your getting close to banning headscarfs so its not that clear ,hoodies do not cover the face burqas do you you need to ban anything that covers the face (not the head alone) so there goes your hospital hygene and chaps grit blasting buildings etc.not an easy task banning little things

in hospitals you could ban all jewellery (and rightly so) heaven knows what resides under watch straps and rings ,no excuses! sack anyone who breaks the rules and then its fair

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Do you know the story about Nihls Bohr and the lucky horse-shoe?

Looking at Ken's answer, I knew the story, I didn't know it was Nihls Bohr. Physicists are prone to eccentricity, I think :lol:

Good on them, i hope they win their case and shove it where the sun dont shine on the pathetic liberals and PC brigade :lol:

Good Morning Fellow Members, :)

I've just finished reading the initial 24 replies to my 'Christian emblem' blog, & impressed I am at the quality/humour/wit manifested in the various responses.

Mind you, I was unaware that there 'could be a ruling' forbidding the wearing of jewellery etc. in the clinical workplace, & I had to smile when several fellow-members asked for sight of the 'forbidding written word'.

If the NHS have taken it upon themselves to ban 'the wearing of the cross' perhaps they can also ban CD, MRS [?] and all the other nasty things 'wot one can get in hospital'? The first thing they could try is to turn the heating down, one goes into these places & its akin to being 200 miles up the Amazon in summer! Only a suggestion mind you. <_<

Regards, :)

H.

C Diff tends to ignore bans and costs more to "prosecute" to get in line :D

mind you MRSI has bowed to pressure and is biding its time while we concentrate on its mates :D

yes why is it so hot ?all the ill people dont need heating because their in bed ,is it to keep the Filipino and asians happy in their new life? i'v always wondered where the air comes from out of those ceiling vents ,hot foot from the isolation ward or cosseted and full of legionnaires disease from the roof!

you have a great risk of getting ill in hospital it tends to be full of sick people!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Good Morning Fellow Members, :)

I've just finished reading the initial 24 replies to my 'Christian emblem' blog, & impressed I am at the quality/humour/wit manifested in the various responses.

Mind you, I was unaware that there 'could be a ruling' forbidding the wearing of jewellery etc. in the clinical workplace, & I had to smile when several fellow-members asked for sight of the 'forbidding written word'.

If the NHS have taken it upon themselves to ban 'the wearing of the cross' perhaps they can also ban CD, MRS [?] and all the other nasty things 'wot one can get in hospital'? The first thing they could try is to turn the heating down, one goes into these places & its akin to being 200 miles up the Amazon in summer! Only a suggestion mind you. <_<

Regards, :)

H.

I think you will find that the NHS haven't banned the "wearing of the cross" The individual employer (Local NHS Trust) has banned the wearing of jewellery / necklaces / pendants whilst in uniform and on duty, as is their right.

If you worked in a bank where the dress code is dark business suit with shirt and tie then your employer might look askance at you turning up in an Hawaiian shirt and cut off jeans, even if you felt you had a right to wear them. If you then insisted "on a point of principle" you wouldn't be too very surprised when it was suggested that you not bother turning up again. The good thing about being an employer is that you make the rules.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

i'v always wondered where the air comes from out of those ceiling vents ,hot foot from the isolation ward or cosseted and full of legionnaires disease from the roof!

My sister is a student nurse, and recently did a placement on an isolation ward. Apparently the cleaners find the doors a bit inconvenient, and tend to wedge them open :o

How very patronising of you yet again Cory, :lol:
We haven't had any Liberals in this country for years. Why do you keep castigating 'liberals'? You don't come over as a Tory?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote