IS THIS WHAT YOU VOTED FOR

big_cod

In France, once you are registered as a tax payer, you are issued with a "Carte Vitale" or health card.

When you go to the Dr, Dentist, Pharmacy or anywhere of that nature you present your carte. It is plugged into a machine and they automatically have all of your details. If there is a charge to pay the state refunds a proportion (usually around 70%, it varies) directly into your bank account. The difference between the refund and the full charge is covered by a private insurance policy called a Mutuelle or top op so I generally get 100% of the cost back. In many cases, such as the Dr and Pharmacy that I am registered with they have all of my details and deal directly with the carte vitale people and my insurance Co. and it costs me nothing.

It sounds complicated but isn't, in fact it works very well.

Do you have a muteulle Dave? They are well worth the money. Your mutuelle will cover you for a free eye test and a free pair of specs every year, and you can have fancy frames too if you wish.

Most of the French have a mutuelle as part of their pay package. One for a single man living on his own would be about £40 a year. That's less than a Presciption Prepayment Certificate and the mutuelle will pay for visits to the dentist, opticians, and your free specs as I said above.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

In many cases, such as the Dr and Pharmacy that I am registered with they have all of my details and deal directly with the carte vitale people and my insurance Co. and it costs me nothing.

It sounds complicated but isn't, in fact it works very well.

That's how our vet deals with our Petplan claims!

i cant even see spain having some road accident victim being left to die a the roadside because his wallet is empty so i suggest even tough man Spain sends bills ;)

As i said in my post, emergencies are treated regardless.

Routine stuff is charged for, if they dont have the correct cover. :)

The Spanish are not always that strict either. My son needed a few stitches in his knee after a fall on holiday in Barcelona. His mum forgot to bring his European Health Card but he still received free treatment. My ex offered to pay, but she was told "de nada, we are all in the EU now".

He probably saw that as an emergency.

Try going in with a non urgent problem. A different thing altogether. :)

Do you have a muteulle Dave? They are well worth the money. Your mutuelle will cover you for a free eye test and a free pair of specs every year, and you can have fancy frames too if you wish.

Most of the French have a mutuelle as part of their pay package. One for a single man living on his own would be about £40 a year. That's less than a Presciption Prepayment Certificate and the mutuelle will pay for visits to the dentist, opticians, and your free specs as I said above.

No, I´m self employed, so i dont realy have a "pay package" unfortunatly! :lol:

I have a plastic card, like a credit card size.

It has a strip on it with all my information.

Wherever i go in Spain they just have to put it in the machine, and up come all my medical records.

I also have a "Tarjeta sanitaria Europea" The European health card.

Im not entitled to health care in the Uk for example, but if i was on a trip, i always take that, which gives me access to emergency healthcare.

But of course, the UK authorities can reclaim the cost of my care from Spain.

One simple thing the UK could do would be to insist on a health card for EU nationals needing treatment, that would straight away save a fortune as they could claim money back from countries of origin.

one example i spotted yesterday in joining my local GP for overseas persons

words to the effect of : if your planning to live in the UK for more than 6 months a bit of evidence is needed like a letter from your employer :wallbash:

http://www.farnhamdene.com/new-patients.aspx?t=1

ignore the driving license or passport my mrs doesn't even have those and i could print out a utility bill in 5 minutes!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

one example i spotted yesterday in joining my local GP for overseas persons

words to the effect of : if your planning to live in the UK for more than 6 months a bit of evidence is needed like a letter from your employer :wallbash:

http://www.farnhamdene.com/new-patients.aspx?t=1

ignore the driving license or passport my mrs doesn't even have those and i could print out a utility bill in 5 minutes!

No wonder you get so many people taking advantage Chesters. That is pathetic!

I spent some time this morning working as an interpreter for a British couple who have just moved here.

Both 62 years of age, they needed to get a N.I.E number (número de identificación extranjero) Basically a foreigners identification number, its also the equivalent of a national insurance number.

I took them to the immigration department of the National police, with their passport, photocopy and id photos.

They paid the fee in the bank first, then presented their papers, it has to be done in person as the police check the passport and photo to make sure they match.

They have to go back in 5 days to collect their N.I.E number, in the 5 days they are checked out by the police to see that they are ok. You have to give permission for the checks as part of the process.

You cannot open a normal bank account, have any services like electricity, telephone line, buy a car, or even get a legal job without a N.I.E.

No wonder you get so many people taking advantage Chesters. That is pathetic!

I spent some time this morning working as an interpreter for a British couple who have just moved here.

Both 62 years of age, they needed to get a N.I.E number (número de identificación extranjero) Basically a foreigners identification number, its also the equivalent of a national insurance number.

I took them to the immigration department of the National police, with their passport, photocopy and id photos.

They paid the fee in the bank first, then presented their papers, it has to be done in person as the police check the passport and photo to make sure they match.

They have to go back in 5 days to collect their N.I.E number, in the 5 days they are checked out by the police to see that they are ok. You have to give permission for the checks as part of the process.

You cannot open a normal bank account, have any services like electricity, telephone line, buy a car, or even get a legal job without a N.I.E.

That's a lot more restrictive than France. In France I don't need any of that cr@p. I'd need a National Insurance number if I was going to work there, and I SHOULD have a Carte de Sejour, but they have always been optional for Brits, I think they may even have been abolished now. Sounds like Franco might be dead but the regime lives on.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

and you thought the spanish inquisition was dead :D

i think i prefer england despite its faults than somewhere where the state has so much power or more importantly uses its power more forcibly.

i tend to rebel against things that tell me what to do and even more so those that tell me what to think! perhaps old chesters1 falls into the "others" criteria ,foreigners here are "others" they have no rights but i have lots,foreigners overseas are "others" and they can do what they please to each other . :D

i'm quite happy for them to do what they please in their countries and i'm happy not to go over there if they return the favour and dont come over here

could i live in spain ,no not if its puffed up police brandishing guns if you drop some fag ash,could i live in france? possibly i like their anti government methods ,would i live in france? not a hope its full of frenchmen

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

It cuts out a lot of the fraud that you all go on about. You cant have it both ways. :rolleyes:

I have a press release from the British embassy regarding fraud carried out by the British who move abroad. I have permission to release it complete and not as a link. Il have a look for it, i got sent it a week or two ago.