IS THIS WHAT YOU VOTED FOR

big_cod

most to blame was labours ballooning private enterprise scheme where the tax payer doesnt stump up for the hospital but is screwed for the rest of its life renting it ,even if the cons wanted to ditch it the clauses labour excepted would ruin the country trying to get out of them ,the cons started it but if labour thought it so bad why did it avalanche in their time?

Put bluntly, it took Labour years in the political wilderness to understand that the voting public want their cake and eat it too. PPI seemed the ideal way to get much-needed new hospitals without having to raise the money for them through immediate taxation. Labour calculated that by the time the chickens came home to roost, everyone would have forgotten about the devil in the detail. We all know where "live now, pay later" gets you.

They do seem to spend money like there is no tomorrow though

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthne...r-a-doctor.html

They may need extra Drs to cover because of new legislation but I can't believe this is the most cost effective way of procuring them.

In the 1970s I got married and couldn't afford to live on my nurses salary so I quit the NHS and then went back as an agency nurse. This meant I cost the NHS 3-4 times what they had been paying me.

By working 12 hrs a night, 7 nights a week I made a very respectable income.

The problem was that instead of making the most of my experience in casualty/trauma/intensive care and by doing so getting at least some value for money they assigned these duties to inexperienced newly qualified nurses and put me to wiping arces on the geriatric wards. This was just political so that permanent staff couldn't say an agency nurse was getting better jobs than a nurse on staff.

It also meant of course that the patients care was not as good as it might have been, but they didn't care much about patients then either so that's nothing new. I addition they were paying superstar money for me to do something that an untrained auxiliary could do.

Then Barbara Castle (God rot her) the then Minister of Health decided that agency nurses shouldn't earn more than a newly qualified staff nurse and so my pay was cut by almost two thirds.

It did me a favour as it pushed me into getting a medics job on the rigs.

Edited by Sportsman

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

They do seem to spend money like there is no tomorrow though

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthne...r-a-doctor.html

They may need extra Drs to cover because of new legislation but I can't believe this is the most cost effective way of procuring them

Unfortunately, you can't conjure up fully-qualified doctors at short notice - as successive governments have found, when their attempts to expand or contract numbers entering medical school in order to match demand have failed to coincide with the demographics.

A lot of older consultants were against the introduction of shorter working hours for juniors on the grounds that it would take them longer to accumulate experience (or maybe it was a case of "We had to do without sleep when we were juniors - why can't they?").

If there isn't sufficient cover for a shift, it's got to come from somewhere - and expensive agency staff are the only readily-available source.

Never seen a doctor in your life ?

I take it you have kids, ! no disrespect to them by any means, but have they never used the NHS ?

Straight up, one is 16 the other 19. Oh hold up, the boy was sent from school having been

smacekd in the face with a Hockey stick. Its the law when there is blood. He has a Harry potter scar

above his eye brow, which was cool.

I seem to remember a a head of the NHS saying, when Labour was boosting they

are pouring money into the NHS.

" You pour 100 £ in one end and 1 £ of service comes out the other "

Not too bothered about the finer points, but having paid a freaking fortune all my working life

and dont intend to use the service, i do, however, object to the wingers who are probably not contributing.

1509tarpon_75_.gif

Straight up, one is 16 the other 19. Oh hold up, the boy was sent from school having been

smacekd in the face with a Hockey stick. Its the law when there is blood. He has a Harry potter scar

Not too bothered about the finer points, but having paid a freaking fortune all my working life

and dont intend to use the service, i do, however, object to the wingers who are probably not contributing.

I sincerely hope that this was not directed at me.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Contributed all my working life mate, and still contributing with my private pension tax, a bit nit picking here, were your lads born in hospital by midwives :rolleyes:

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I, and my wife, and 2 of my sons. and all my grandchildren, and several of my friends and their fanilies, have used the NHS, and the service and treatment has been first class. I also have no doubt that if any of you doubters were to be taken ill then you would also get first class treatment.

What I and many others like me fear, is that the NHS will start to get selective and little changes like part payment for certain parts of the service will gradually be introduced. All we want is to be able to continue to rely on being seen by a doctor and sent to hospital if needed, without any financial considerations.

A gov't which can even attack the OAP pension allowances is not one I would trust.

Den

Well said robbing those poor pensioners and cut the tax for the wealthy makes sense they also have the 20% vat which everybody has forgot about this goverment gave you tax cuts who are they fooling they had allready tipped you upside down you with the vat increase.

Take a look who comes out best.

http://video.uk.msn.com/watch/video/miliba...ax-cut/2i1az885

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

so you want us to watch a vid from the "opposition" (who's job it is to oppose anything the other side wants) whos party when in charge for 18 years put us in the **** this one is trying to sort out (as usual) and taking the risks sorting it?

milliband couldn't do his own flies up by himself :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

no party is trustworthy in or out of power ,the difference is its far easier to think you can run the country out of power than actually do it in power

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Many talk about how the NHS is abused.

I know one regularly used that costs the NHS dearly.

People enter the Hospital for treatment providing false names. Therefore they are obtaining treatment without even the slightest proof they have the National Insurance credits to pay for it.

I believe that people should prove their entitlement before treatment, even under the NHS.

Provide a credible national insurance number and ID. Prove you have the sramp credits and get your treatment or have your details recorded, including photograph, for the bill.

This would save the NHS a considerable sum would it not?

Some state a selective NHS is a possibility for the future. I say that it is already happening.

-------------------------------

I contributed from the age of 15 until my disability without fail.

In 1997 I was severly injured in an accident and in 2007 I suffered a Blood Clot in my right lung, almost destroying it.

In my MRI picture it looks like someone dragged a claw down my lung from top to bottom.

I find no fault with the NHS and I am alive today because of their dedication.

My Consultant stated, quite bluntly, that it was a miracle to survive what I endured and it was thanks to an experienced A&E Doctor, from India, that I did. I currently take 13.5mg of Warfarin a day to keep my blood thin as I am resistant to it.

so you want us to watch a vid from the "opposition" (who's job it is to oppose anything the other side wants) whos party when in charge for 18 years put us in the **** this one is trying to sort out (as usual) and taking the risks sorting it?

milliband couldn't do his own flies up by himself :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

no party is trustworthy in or out of power ,the difference is its far easier to think you can run the country out of power than actually do it in power

Chesters that vidieo shows the truth behind the budget how it is for ordinary people in the street this goverment are going down the same road as we did in the 80ss massive unemployment i remember it well do you, remember the the banks got like 80 billion of our deferceit total nicely forgot about i am not saying labour were perfect by a long way but osborn has just upset probably the group ofpeopole who vote the most pensioners how stupid is that or is he stupid cameron must have santioned it and clegg and danny boy i dont know about the A team more like F troop what a home goal he couldnt have done it better.

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg