An Americal icon taken over by the Belgians !

Ken L

The company responsible for Stella Artois beer has bought the company that makes Budweiser in the US.

I wonder if the quality of Budweiser will improve as a result.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it couldn't get any worse, water has more flavour than Budweiser !

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Oh so true. :lol: Try drinking Heineken for months and months then try it.

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

Oh it can get worse. Try drinking some Pabst Blue Ribbon, or the fortunately no longer available Schlitz, "The beer that made Milwaukee famous".

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Hmm, I quite like a cold Bud. Clean and refreshing taste, then again, I like water.

Don't like Heineken or Stella, both have a quite nasty aftertaste IMO

Edited by Sportsman

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Oh it can get worse. Try drinking some Pabst Blue Ribbon, or the fortunately no longer available Schlitz, "The beer that made Milwaukee famous".

You've never had Old Milwaukee or Rainier? :yucky:

Edited by Jeff S

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

The company responsible for Stella Artois beer has bought the company that makes Budweiser in the US.

I wonder if the quality of Budweiser will improve as a result.

If Stella Artois is anything to go by, I doubt it! That stuff is gross.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Lol! Meister Brau. I drank a case of that cheap swill with a buddy of mine one night years ago and thought someone parked a truck on my head when I awoke the next morning. Worst hangover ever. His wife still mocks him for choking into the commode most of the next day. B)

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

Lol! Meister Brau. I drank a case of that cheap swill with a buddy of mine one night years ago and thought someone parked a truck on my head when I awoke the next morning. Worst hangover ever. His wife still mocks him for choking into the commode most of the next day. B)
WSe used to have a saying when i was at sea. #The beer that made Milwaukee famous, will make a Schlitzhead out of you." It was very good for giving one a very large head in the morning and one would be able to sh!t through the eye of a darning needle at forty paces.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I recall that Schlitz ads said something like, "You only go around once so grab all the gusto you can", or something stupid like that. Sounds like you grabbed some gusto at sea, Cory. B) What was that about?

If you play one of the tracks - I think CD #2 - from Cream's Those Were The Days CD set, the last "song" is an ad for Falstaff beer that they recorded back in the '60s. It is so corny you can't even believe they stooped to do that.

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain