Great Britain?

kleinboet

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chris parker:

Nugg I really do not understand. They are safe when they leave their own country so do our Immigration not have the power to refuse asylum on the grounds that they were safe in France and return them to France, as presumably the French have the power to ...... and so on.

Chris you say you don't understand, but then go on to basically answer the question yourself. Of course they should be safe from their own countrymen as soon as they cross the boarder of which ever country they flee. Of course the immigration services have the power to send them back to which ever country they entered from. But they have their hands tied by red tape, and the righteous brigade. Of course they were safe in France, or which ever safe country the enter from.

Why do they risk life and limb to get here? Because, most, not all, there has to be some genuine cases among them, see this country as the land of milk and honey. They know that the state will house, feed and cloth them for free. Granted some eventually get a refusal but look how they fight to stay, because the vast majority are on the gravy train.

Now don't tell me you never had something like the above on your mind when you made the statement about not understanding, paaalease!! :)

[ 18. January 2004, 12:57 AM: Message edited by: Nugg ]

Perhaps if everybody in this country had to carry ID cards at all times for the next 5 years, the figures for assylum seekers might change.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

i have been reading this link and now feel i have to reply

regarding asylum seekers ; there over here they take our jobs ; there leeches ; general scum ; .

im surprised no one has suggested that all asylum seekers have to wear a coloured piece of material on there lapel . im almost certain that this was popular in germany during the 1930;s.

whatever happenened to tolerance and respect ?

we now live in a multi-cultural society which is a fact of life. and we should appreciate that we could and have learnt alot from each others cultures .

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

Hembo, If you read the original posting,I was bemoaning the fact that we are losing our essentially British culture in favour of others, the only country in this age to do so.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Assylum seekers are those escaping from problems in the home country, as judged by our politicians (one man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist etc).

Immigrants are any body from another country, short stay or long stay.

The arguements about immigrants coming and using our facilities is also mirrored in other countries. Apparently brit enclaves in the sun are also viewed in this way by certain groups overseas.

Another rather quietly reported trend is that concerning our food. Most of our main retail outlets rely on a system that imports labour from elsewhere (europe and the world) to get our vegetables on the table. It is not merely the simple economics (they will do a job that noone here will) but in some cases the amount of labour used now exceeds the local suppy available. The main cases I know of would be Chinese labour in Kings Lynn and Portuguese labour in Boston. Both are here legally, paying tax etc if the employer plays the game. My only real contact was with a polish/slav (I am not good on east european small town names) who worked on the strawberry crop in Essex. He and his brother were here as part of the family Co-op. As soon as the essex crop had finished he was off back to the home farm to do the same. They were bringing in cash at a time when the home farm was not.

It is the same as those who work abroad from this country. I just wish our press would actually deliver the news instead of burying us in information.

"Muddlin' along"

quote:

Originally posted by jeepster:

the entrepreneurial skill and attitudes of a lot of asian immigrants and second generation asians (thats right, the ones who were born here) put us white guys to shame. you wonder why you see them driving round in flash cars, its because the've got off their ar5es and made some money, helping to make this country more powerful and profitable. [/QB]

Correct I work among the largest Bangladeshi population in the UK here in east London. Forty plus years ago the population of Bethnal green were studied by Wilmot and Young who found that the population who lived there (mostly white) were generally law abiding, lived in extended families who supported each other, maintained strong religious beliefs and worked hard. All these things are found in abundance in the Bangladeshi community while the white population generally now live in single parent or nuclear families are less concerned with caring for their elders and seem spiritually lost. Ok I am making generalisations but you can see my point.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

I agree with most of the content of both the last postings, however the study of Bethnal Green was initially done when Christianity was taught in schools, prayers were said in assembly, and the C of E was the major religion in this country. I am afraid that has all changed. We don't want to 'offend' other religions, so our kids are growing up knowing more about Islam, Hinduism, etc. more than they know obout Christianity and you wonder why things have changed? I will repeat, I welcome these people who arrive in our country for whatever reason, BUT PLEASE LEAVE OUR WAY OF LIFE ALONE!!!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

calm down little brother ,dont have a siezure :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson