Great Britain?

kleinboet

I have to say that Chesters has made some very good points.

I too love my country and dont wish it to be changed by others.

It wasent too long ago that i read a piece on this forum about the Asian community wanting to use the river Air to dump the ashes of there dead in!

They also wanted it declared as sacred ground thus banning Anglers from fishing it.

If they wish to live as Asians and follow there culture and ways of life then by all means do it but do it in there own country.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look out Tyke withdraw that quick otherwise YOUL get death threats via email as i have done in the past for statements not unlike the above :D

i think some out there think i live a secular life in an "english" enclave ,i do not ,i can happily co-exist with anyone ,i worked in the uni with many cultures and am only 100 yards from the biggest sunni moslem festival site in the country ,my gripe is when they IMPOSE their lifestyle apon me and any greiviences i have suddenly become a "racist" issue :confused: ,just last year my wife and i were forbidden to walk along our old road (the one we used to live in ) because (acording to the asian policeman "i might cause tension" :mad:

a remark made also by a white police lady "guarding" the footpath to our old house :mad: its a tad strange that we lived opposite them for 10 years without "tension" apart from having the audacity to complain about buildings going up with no planning permission ,and which i`d object to whoever the builder was whatever creed, it saddens me

[ 19. January 2004, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

What an interesting thread, poor Kleinboet had a bit of stick from a couple of posters but I think I know what it is he's trying to say. The fact that most posters are broadly in agreement with him suggest he's hit a common nerve.

I can sympathise with his detractors, but there is a hint of 'holier than thou' in their arguments which takes the edge off their posts.

If I've read the thread right, Kleinboet feels that the 'native' English culture is being suppressed by the immigrant cultures, & this understandably annoys him. If as he feels, this is being brought about by politically correct local & central government officials, then he has a right to be upset.

However, here are a few statistics taken from the 2001 census which might make kleinboet's point clearer.

71% of Britains population classes itself as Christian.

The nearest religion in size to Christianity is Muslim, which accounts for 2.6%.

91.3% of the population is classed as white.

87% are classed as 'native' white.

The remaining 8.7% is divided into 5 ethnic groups of which none are greater than 4.4%.

The ethnic population in Britain is the lowest of all the major European countries.

Having viewed these facts collated by our government, & reflecting on Kleinboet's original post. Can you really question his concern over the amount of influence these minorities wield?

Britain has a rich & commendable history of taking in & assimilating minorities, & long may we continue to do so, but alienating the vast majority of the population is not the way to do it.

In time to come, political correctness & the policy of positive discrimination may well be seen as the two greatest mistakes our elected bosses ever made.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

me

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

My only contribution to this interesting thread.

The health Service is in a mess BUT we would not be here at all but for the influx of nurses and nursing auxillaries as they were called who answered the governments call in the 1950's early 60's,and came from Jamaica, there were other jobs that the so called working classes did not want to do ,bus drivers etc.

I come across many Yemmeni men now in their 70's who struggle in squalid housing but proud of the pensions they earned in the steel works of Sheffield,doing the really dirty ans sometimes dangerous jobs no one wanted.

From reading in the Sunday papers Great Britain is finished anyway the Eu have decreed that no longer will goods be marked Made in England/Great Britain(more for Chesters1 to get to grips with)

but made in E.U

Thats all I have to say except that we are lucky to live in a democratic society where we take free speech for granted.

dove.gif

Judith

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

quote:

Thats all I have to say except that we are lucky to live in a democratic society where we take free speech for granted

carefull nursey the eu have also made it possible for the german crime of zenophobia eu wide ,say you love your country and it could be the patter of jack boots on your step ,the other eu "thoughts" about origins i discussed in another posting , its free speech so long as no one hears :D:D

the "foreign" nhs workers nowadays are being taken from other countries that cannot afford to lose them :( .if our nurses cannot afford to live on the wages i cannot see how some badly paid worker from abroad can afford to even raise the deposit for a flat over here nevermind get through till the first pay check clears ,if they can surely they are getting assistance denied to newly qualified nurses over here :confused:

[ 19. January 2004, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Nursejudy, I will agree and repeat that I have no problems with the immigrants that came here, 'mucked in' and did a good job. This, unfortunately is no longer the case. You have "immigrants" arriving in this country, getting a house, furniture and even sometimes transport provided. They then sit back, demand Giro cheques and tell Britain that their way of life ia abhorrent to them. :(:(

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I agree Chesters1 some of the private companies that are employing the current foreign nurses are wrong,we come across a lot of foreign nurses in the local nursing homes,where they are very poorly paid,(again doing jobs no one else will do)with little re-training,as they cannot just arrive in this country and start working,this is the same if I were to go to the US or Australia for eg.Although the dear old Eu is saying that any nurse from an Eu country can go and work in another member counrty for a time with no checks or training.

We as Community Nurses are having to go into the Nursing Homes and do simple jobs for eg.taking blood as they are not qualified here to do it,the patients/families / tax payers are paying high fees for nursing care .

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

jeepster:

...i apologige kleinboet for calling you racist, i still think you have some racist views, but i know its not because you are nasty, just because you belong to a different generation, whose time has been and gone, so you have to face facts, the country (and the world) is evolving constantly. controlled immigration is a good thing

Egad jeepster - have you just made an 'ageist' comment? :)
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President