any snow yet?

kendo

nothing and probably wont be any , after the "hurricane" fiasco of a few years ago the weathermen will over estimate everything ,if it does snow the will say "told you so" and when it doesnt everyone will be happy it didnt ,the weathermen are in a win win situation ,have you noticed the find it difficult to predict even the next days weather :mad: watch teletex the forcast changes WITHIN the 3 days it predicts :confused:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've had a wee dusting of snow and pellets from shower clouds today in Orkney and we can see accummulations on the high ground.

Temp just above freezing and wind Northerly 16kts.

Brrrrrr

Scapa

i`m all ready the honda90 has its new tyres ,with a hard to find "knobbly" one on the back ,its very nasty that even the honda official "shop" doesnt stock tyres for it only a standard "slick" type :mad: for christs sake it was only discontinued in 2002 and thheres 40,000,000. been sold :mad: i had to order the tyres i wanted and they will be unavailable soon :mad: :mad:

the slick type are ok in the summer but the slightest bit of rain and the a*se end is all over the place no grip at all in ice or snow :mad:

[ 26. January 2004, 07:34 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Theres no snow in Central Scotland, I was up at Aberdeen earlier today, none there either. But, according to the radio, there is about 7in in Inverness, and I'm off up there tomorrow. BRRRRR

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

This is the mountainous region of West Yorkshire calling.

No snow yet, cold though.

Tinca.

Straight up M1 (if you are coming from the South of course! :rolleyes: )

At Wakefield turn onto M62 West, follow it until you get to Manchester. Easy.

However.....the M62 is a notoriously busy motorway. I think after 10 o'clock the main volume of traffic will have subsided.

Be warned though....if the snow comes, especially on the Yorks/Lancs border and it comes down heavy it is not unusual for the motorway to close due to being impassable.

Take care.