any snow yet?

kendo

grrrr. Roads tonight as slick as owl droppings that have been greased.

Snow Sunday. Temps below freezing all day. Monday, no snow but what they termed a 'freezing mist'. Made a nice glaze over the snow.

Road crews cleaned as best they could. Still hasn't been above freezing since Saturday.

Tonight the road surface appeared just damp. Well no. Wasn't damp. Was glaze ice and as slick as anything you could imagine. I left work a little early at 10:30 pm to pick the wife up from work at 11:15 pm. I think I have made worse drives once or twice over the past 50 years but only once or twice and never with idiots on the road to add to the fun.

10 miles from my work to hers, 15 miles home, and my body feels like I've been beaten.

More frozen stuff from the sky to follow tomorrow and temps above freezing by a degree or so for only an couple hours tomorrow afternoon.

I HATE winter.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No snow in Medway this morning, but the clouds are low and heavy and fast moving.

Listening to a radio programme about migrating swans, live from Norfolk, as I'm getting ready for work, the commentator said that it was snowing there, so guess it won't be long now.

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Doesn't seem as bad in Maidenhead this morning, though still flippin cold. The roads have been well salted, but haven't seen any frost or ice. As I have to ride to work on my motorbike, I shall be glad to get home in one piece.

Checked out the forecast on Metcheck and they reckon Wednesday is the big day, with substainsial snow falls.

As Paul Simon wrote:

Slip Slidin' Away

Bikenut

A beautiful sunny crisp and cold day in West Yorkshire, still no snow yet.

Reading the papers today anyone would think we've never had snow before what with bulk buying, emptying supermarket shelves etc. Pathetic. What the hells wrong wi folk? :mad:

Turned out to be a very nice afternoon in the Medway area. (Shame I'm still working and couldn't go fishing).

Around 3:30pm some dark clouds arrived, streaming snow, but the showers were short lived and didn't settle, an hour later and the sky is clear again.

The weather chart for tomorrow looks more interesting.

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust