Recent posts

Sportsman

Your all wrong, maggots feel pain too y'know. lure fishing is the only humane way to go!

There's lures and lures though, Emma. My mrs has seen the inside of my fly tying case, and is not impressed that I have a bunny's face and bambi's bum in there! Not too bothered about all the bits of birdies, I note.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too bothered about all the bits of birdies, I note.

Of course not, you're simply recycling corpses, a bit like Burke and Hare but without the shovels.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

There's lures and lures though, Emma. My mrs has seen the inside of my fly tying case, and is not impressed that I have a bunny's face and bambi's bum in there! Not too bothered about all the bits of birdies, I note.

I've got a bit of a polar bear in mine. I'll tell you what; they don't half scrap :o

Regards, Clive

Try dressing a 'conservation special'

Hook, long shank 8 or 10

tying silk, black

tail: 3 fibres of Black Rhino eyelash

body, dubbed Panda mask hair

hackle: Little Egrit cape feather

Wing: Matched pairs of Golden Eagle inner covet wing slips.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Try dressing a 'conservation special'

Hook, long shank 8 or 10

tying silk, black

tail: 3 fibres of Black Rhino eyelash

body, dubbed Panda mask hair

hackle: Little Egrit cape feather

Wing: Matched pairs of Golden Eagle inner covet wing slips.

Wouldn't clubbed baby seal fur make a better hackle?

Wouldn't clubbed baby seal fur make a better hackle?

seal fur is used as dubbing for bodies and thoraxes, probably does come from clubbed ones too.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Guest redfin2
Emma two,

I got a white seal coat for my first wife; maybe it was my second wife. It wasn't a bad trade at the time.

Phone

Well the existing AN members have demonstrated what a wonderful sense of humour they really have, all this talk of clubbed seals and seal coats, using materials from protected /endagered species is hilarious.

See, no need for petty bickering at all xxx

I will Insert rolling round floor here....

:bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

There one of you now!!