Mr. Crabtree On TV

Elton

Guest 1lastcast

Bloke makes TV programme about our sport. Hold the front page - it isn't perfect. JB also guilty of being a guide who - the cheek of it- charges money. .He should hang his head in shame.And - crikey- he fishes the same river as Bob James too; obviously dodgy.

What a sour bunch of whiners-bet the kids involved enjoyed it a lot more than the armchair critics.

So he should anyone who charges others to catch fish, especially from the Wye should hang his head, but that apart how difficult can it be to make a programme with a few fish being caught, without comitting the cardinal sin of grabbing your young 'un's rod, not even a BBC production too.

Since you are having a pop at me I can reveal I do actually fish and have made a film, not a blockbuster but a small offering regarding small river Barbel, caught too first cast, which was lucky as we had only 10 minutes of battery life.

FWIW I have no poblem with Bob James, and yes know what you are alluding too, besides last night had nowt to do with Crabtree, not with bolt rigs pop up's and buzzers and the like.

You fancy hiring me then? Sure I can put you on some Barbs.

Phone, try:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313&_nkw=Mr+Crabtree&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Nothing about catching carp with bows and arrows or blowing Northern pike up but it is suitably quaint and it is British!

Recapturing the magic that is Mr Crabtree. ?

Started well,pin and using a float on a lift set up so far so good. To catch a fish on that tackle as per Mr.C fine.

Mr. C did the angling, using buzzers and bobbins to do the fishing is NOT in the style of Mr.C. !!!

​As for a man of his supposed quality with that type of netting technique ---- CRAP.

Same goes for his weighing technique --- CRAP.

​At least the fish were returned quickly.

As for the catching of larger fish using up to date equipment at distance then I must say that is more to do with how the water is fished now, with carpers filling it in at distance so the tench are now used to feeding out there.

Overall having a programme on what is not a sports channel is a bonus, that it was the Tench that was chosen to be the first species was to be expected as its THE spring species,

Lets see how it goes !!

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE.
IT ONLY WORKS PROPERLY WHEN IT IS OPEN.

Phone, try:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313&_nkw=Mr+Crabtree&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Nothing about catching carp with bows and arrows or blowing Northern pike up but it is suitably quaint and it is British!

Talking about nostalgia, Peter (by the way, you're not that Peter, are you?), just a couple of hours ago I was watching some snippets of "Out of Town" by the incomparable Jack Hargreaves. Simpler times, and better perhaps, in some ways; all this progress is a bit dizzying for an old duffer like me.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

You must admit that Jack had a way of presenting the countryside to his audience, and also making you're brain work overtime with some of the things he asked you to identify.

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE.
IT ONLY WORKS PROPERLY WHEN IT IS OPEN.

You must admit that Jack had a way of presenting the countryside to his audience, and also making you're brain work overtime with some of the things he asked you to identify.

Created awareness of the countryside :)

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional :-)