Mr. Crabtree On TV

Elton

Can you imagine being in the next swim? :lol:

No thanks.

I keep expecting Mr Youngs to come canoeing downstream, waving a banner. :lol:

Some nice roach though,

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I enjoyed it more than last weeks, (still find JBs voice a bit annoying).

I think the youngster helped make this more enjoyable. I liked the way he offered to give JB lessons when he was missing bites. :lol:

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I've been holding back a bit on this one but having now watched the second programme I was left with a very strong desire to take John Bailey to one side and help him learn how to use a pin properly!

I can forgive all the stuff to camera and I understand the need to try to work up some atmosphere and invoke the Crabtree name as much as possible. I have been doing radio broadcasts as a regular special guest on Radio Lancashire for the last couple of decades so this does give me an insight.....

However I have to say that if I were in the swim below and was having to listen to that dammned ratchet I fear I might be tempted to go and remonstrate very firmly! There was no need for it and it is teaching the lad bad habits.

What has pleased me enormously is the quality of the youngsters that have been picked they are clearly going to become very good anglers as they grow older always assuming that they get safely beyond the crumpet barrier! What did impress me was how articulate the two we have seen thus far are.

So like all angling programmes it does have it's strengths but some areas for development the most obvious is that though John is a Hardy consultant he does not look comfortable with a pin.

Perhaps further programmes will see John fishing in ways with which he is more comfortable that way his role as a teacher to the youngsters will flow a little better.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, haven't read any of the latest threads.....was forced to go to a friend's birthday bash....but....will watch later. :yahoo:

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Leave him be; he was a bloody star; smart, articulate and destined to be a damn good fisherman.

He was indeed - just seemed an amusingly edgy haircut for a nice well spoken kid. Nothing wrong with it, just made me smile.