Tasteless or funny?

JaMiMa

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have i complained? even a little bit? no, not once, just like i didn't last time you came out with your standard response, and probably the time before that too.

as to being blind, i am blind to whatever it is attracts people to religion, and happy to be so.

Some quotes I have found:

Albert Einstein

Science without religion is lame,religion without science is blind.

Henry Havelock Ellis

The whole religious complection of the modern world is due to the absence from jerusalem of a lunatic asylum.

Sir William Osler

Nothing in life is more wonderful than faith- the one great moving force which we can neither weigh in the balance nor test in the crucible

Just thought i would chuck these into the debate.

Judry

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Another quote from the man himself .....

" Donkey ? how many people fall in love with a donkey . I thought that had died oot with Sodom and Gmorrah "

.....when Moses challenged the 10th commandment

Kleinboet - a misquote, I think. Correct me anytime you want, in a P.C. non-complaining, inoffensive manner obviously, :rolleyes:

I believe your 'old adage' to be from Shakespeare's Macbeth (whistling as I type), -

"Methinks the lady doth protest too much" -

Frantic exit, mad grab for tin hat, flak jacket and gas mask.......oooo it's not like it used to be, is it?????

i really hope i'm wrong, i mean, if i'm horribly wrong i can go on to question my Faith and everything, can't i???????? :confused:

Help me unhook these, please.

Yes, nursejudy, although they pray for themselves although they would NEVER admit it.

Have a near miss in the car - oh my GOD!

Find your missing wallet - thank GOD!

Your in-laws or some boring old fart decides Not to visit you - thank GOD!

Your kids, who have played you up all day, are now finally asleep - thank GOD!

Have you been confirmed? Why?

Are your children christened? Why?

I could go on and on, but won't.

And so it goes on, deny it if you like because your only lying to yourself - WE know!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I don't talk much about religon.....I have my own personal views they and are not open to discussion. They are mine and I don't feel the need to justify or explain to anybody else what my thoughts or beliefs are. I am comfortable.

Why people have to argue so vehemently for and against faith and beliefs is totally beyond me. You either do have a faith or you don't. Agnostics are just weak people who will not take a chance just in CASE they are wrong and might offend the Almighty in which case seem to think that the Almighty will forgive them and if there is not what the hell (pun) it will not make any difference.

If you do not have faith fair do's to you,just accept you die you are no more and intergrate into the earth,enrich the soil and put back some of which you have taken, or get cremated an produce lots of atoms and particulates, in effect still fertilizer or stardust. Nothing else.

If you do have faith the same thing happens but you expect you ego/soul/inner being go to a place in the universe next to your creator.

I will say that something did create or is responsible for the universe which is so vast that nobody has even the slightest idea of how big it is,what it is or how it came about. Big bang probably but where did the materials which where so dense that they could create something so vast in fractions of a second, must have come from somewhere. Where or who made it?

The whole point is if you have faith enjoy and take comfort for it. If you do not have faith resign yourself to oblivion.

It really is an indivdual thing. Why try to convert non believers. Why try to convince believers they are wrong.

Live and let live and enjoy whatever bangs your rocks together.

It takes longer for the river to get to the sea than it does for a man to make an error.