Dealing with cows!

Andy_1984

Im not one to shy away from wild animals or things that would scare off most people, but cows, i hate the things. i know they mean well but can you really keep calm when theres 10+ coming running toward you out of curiosity. I went right off them since the day i got chased by a cow that went on its back legs then charged, since then id rather be behind a fence.

Well one such place i go fishing there are a few patches of farm land and its a bit of a gamble knowing which field will contain cows.

i done a little googling just now and one bit of advice is raise your hand to your head as though to scratch it! huh ? i thought as i scratched my head.

waiving arms about and shouting only seemed to make them flinch a little but they just keep coming.

so what do others do when confronted by a big stupid heavy inquisitive cow that could quite easily trample one to death.

• Like 1

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

This sounds like a funny story but I don't like them. They're hardly predatory but they're definitely daft big lumps and when they start running, which bear in mind isn't exactly their greatest skill, I can quite easily see me getting flattened into 2 feet of turd.

I'm quite happy giving them a pat (haha) from the other side of the fence a ton of 'out of control' is probably best avoided. I see them like crap drivers. A small brain in charge of something big and heavy.

• Like 2

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

o what do others do when confronted by a big stupid heavy inquisitive cow that could quite easily trample one to death.

My ex mother in-law fits that description, offering a cake usually worked

Edited by viney
  • Like 2

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

Whilst on a school farm trip I had fifteen or so run towards the school party. The teachers, all female, started to run with the children so I put myself between the cows and the party, as I was the only man there. I stopped the whole lot of them dead.

The trick is to stand still and face them with your legs spread and arms outstretched, making yourself look as big and intimidating as possible. The fact you have stood still seems to make them think twice and they stop in their tracks. You then very slowly walk towards them.

As a child I worked at a cattle market in the school holidays and so had to learn quickly how to deal with cattle that misbehave.

• Like 1

I hate them. I didn't fish a nice looking bit of water yesterday because of cattle. I've had a couple of run ins with cattle before and they make me VERY nervous.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Glad it isn't just us two then....phew!

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I've never found cows to be a big problem: horses are far more trouble, you can't leave anything lying around and go off for a wander, they'll eat it.

Cows with young should be treated with respect, I've see them (note the plural) kill a Swan that got too close, gave it a good trampling and came back again later to do it again and make sure.

I rather like them. They always look like and stare like the girls i ended up with at the end of a dark disco evening...

Interesting things cows...

Did you know they have two rectrums. One acts like a filter in case the cow eats a bit of barbed wire or a sainsbury's trolley or maybe an angler. A vet has to come and clear the filter out . What a strange place to be ? Rather explosive i would have thought . :bye2:

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon