Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

That looks a beautiful location FF. I love to see old bridges like that.

BM, that crab is a little cracker, I hope you put him back after he posed so nicely for you?

It was cold, grey & windy here yesterday AM, I think I can see Steve Randles waving to us from the snow capped South Lakeland fells in the background. :bye1:

cleveleys_0904d.jpg

Guest franticfisherman2

I haven't had much time to post recently so glad you liked the pics of Warkworth. It is a good salmon and seatrout river, in fact I caught my first (and only) salmon there. The stone bridge is no longer used for traffic, if you look closely thru the right-hand arch, you can see the straight deck of the "new" road bridge. This part of the river is tidal, the tide was going out and so was the seal you can just make out in this photo, lets hope he didn't get too many fish! ;

warkworth0028ln.jpg

In a couple of weeks the castle mound will be a mass of daffodils so I will try to get a pic and post it up, it can be spectacular when they're all out. :)

In a couple of weeks the castle mound will be a mass of daffodils so I will try to get a pic and post it up, it can be spectacular when they're all out. :)

You could do with trying to get a shot of that before next monday for the comp. BTW - if Steve is looking in, the comp entry dates need changing to show the extra days that have been added.

A couple from me taken today.

The first isn't much to look at, but you've gotta love the original street name.

wordsworth_1004a.jpg

Not a bad spot to go fishing

esthwaite_1004d.jpg

Is that Estwaite Rabster?

I used to like fishing Blackabeck Tarn, up in the Fells but doubt if the hip could take the walk these days

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Guest franticfisherman2

You could do with trying to get a shot of that before next monday for the comp. BTW - if Steve is looking in, the comp entry dates need changing to show the extra days that have been added.

That was my original intention but I think the ccccold spring has made everything a bit late :( I don't expect it'll be ready to photo by monday :(

Rob_Zynevych_buefin.jpg

This 120.7kg Bluefin Tuna (thats 265 pounds in your language) was caught off Portland in Victoria on March 30th. The same crew fought an estimated 150kg Tuna for 8.5 hours before it bust off around the propellor.

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!