Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

Matt, nice shots, Blackbirds are bloody hard to get sharp pics of as they don't stop still for too long.

I agree with Den, you need to try & use a faster shutter speed.

The first one has come out well, especially considering it's only 1/90th sec shutter speed, I'd have probably expected it to have come out blurred due to the movement of the bird. The only problem is the little green wire fence being in the way - you need to get rid of that when your Mum's not looking. :sneaky2:

The second shot looks like it's taken in a more shaded spot & your shutter speed is down to 1/60th sec. A tripod would help, but if the birds moving it's till gonna come out blurred at 1/60th.

As Den says, up the ISO to try & achieve a faster shutter speed - or better still, try & get a pic of the bird in a sunny spot, when you should beable to get the ideal combo of fast shutter speed, lower ISO & smaller aperture.

It took me 6 months to get a decent Blackbird shot, which funnily enough I managed yesterday at the same location as the rat I posted earlier.

Cheers

Cliff

Grand Baie - Mauritius :sun:

5774d5d0.jpg

Make = PENTAX Corporation

Model = PENTAX Optio S

Exposure Time = 1/1000"

F Number = F4.3

Exposure Program = Landscape mode

Edited by Steve Randles

One shot from yesterday, Honister Slate mine at the top of the Honister pass, near Keswick, Cumbria

honister.jpg

Model = Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL

Exposure Time = 1/13"

F Number = F22

ISO Speed Ratings = 100

Steve

Edited by Steve Randles

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

One shot from yesterday, Honister Slate mine at the top of the Honister pass, near Keswick, Cumbria

honister.jpg

Steve

kool pic there m8

kinda reminds me when i was a kid.. used to be a coal mine nearby with similar rusty old carts, we used to wrench open the lever on em and the coal spewed out blocking the line until the carrots came and shoveled it clear.. tutt tutt naughty kids eh

the guys used to chase us on our bmx's, we were petrified of the 'carrots' as we called em.. coal workers in orange jump suits lol

ahh memories

Made the most of probably our last day of Snow on Sunday, and went out and took a few shots ... here are some. I didnt ge as many photos as I'd of liked, as I was stuck in the middle of nowhere in a blizzard most of the time.

IMG_5792_edit_700.jpg

IMG_5804_edit_700.jpg

IMG_5827_edit_700.jpg

I took a few shots for panoramics also ...

http://www.gilliesmackenzie.com/photos/sno...0_watermark.jpg

http://www.gilliesmackenzie.com/photos/sno...0_watermark.jpg

Stupidly I didnt clean my cameras sensor before I went out, a number of my photos at F16 and F22 are a mess with dust ... I look forward to the day Canon have a sensor cleaning facility in their cameras, drives me mad!

All shots ISO 100, Av Mode, F11

Rabster fantastic Rat photo, liked a lot - funny, I took photos of a Rat also on Saturday, just seen it where some bread was down for feeding birds - never shot one before. Heres one of them.

http://www.gilliesmackenzie.com/photos/sno...91_edit_700.jpg

ISO 400, Tv Mode, 1/400

Gillies

Edited by Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

nice pics gillies.. love those panoramic shots! :clap:

my Ma & I decided to wander over to the hotel next door for lunch today.. sat at the table I snapped this piccy whilst having a bevvie b4 our meal so here's my photo of the day.. didn't get much work done after that mind was fit for an afternoon nap. zzZZZZZZ

d4f9d67e.jpg

Guest Finepix

my Ma & I decided to wander over to the hotel next door for lunch today.. sat at the table I snapped this piccy whilst having a bevvie b4 our meal so here's my photo of the day.. didn't get much work done after that mind was fit for an afternoon nap. zzZZZZZZ

d4f9d67e.jpg

A bevvie?? Looks like you'd had a few :lol:

bm3hp.jpg

I think it must of been a skinfull Julia..:) I was falling off that shot..

Here's one from today, Ashness bridge, Derwentwater in the background and keswick just beyond. Probably the most photographed bridge in Cumbria.

Asness.jpg

Model = Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL

Exposure Time = 1/15"

F Number = F22

ISO Speed Ratings = 100

Edited by Steve Randles

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Agreed, especially re the panorama shots.

Blue marlin, OK, you win, I'm starting to get a little jealous. What's the temperature like at this time of the year?

Steve, Nice shot, looks a fab location & no road signs, cars, bins etc in sight to spoil the view.

I think it must of been a skinfull Julia..:) I was falling off that shot..

hehehehe didn't notice that 1 :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

cheers guys coz I didn't even know how to straighten an image...... I do now :P

btw Steve nice pic of Ashness bridge... top banana