Electric Blue

Alan Taylor

Toggle, and all, Just had Alan on the phone, according to him ,and I quote "so far the trip is going Magic"......

Paul, If we are blown off, should I bring my "heavy" shore gear with me..... :D:D

[ 15. August 2004, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: Norrie ]

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Norrie:

If we are blown off, should I bring my "heavy" shore gear with me..... :D:D

I'm taking a fly rod to go mullet fishing

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Still looks like a decent low will be here at the weekend :(

If any of you want to bring 'back up' gear then std beachcasters & light 'mullet' gear will allow you a chance to wet a line if it's off.

Marks: Hurst Shingle a few miles from Lymington - but if the SW blows it will not be comfy!

Best sheltered marks will be Lym river and over on Southampton water (Hythe).

But of course it will not be off!!!!!

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

The pub Jabee is talking about is The Mayflower, situated just outside Bath road car park there is an entrance to the pub from the car park also. If you want to eat The Mayflower is a far better bet than The Ship. The Ship is on the town quay. The boat leaves from Bath Road not the Quay.

The weather is looking like it should abate by Saturday and get better as the weekend goes along.

I also noticed a mention of 25 / 30lb line, this is fine for trace bodies but hooklink should ideally be Fluoro in 12 or 15lb.

Look forward to meeting you all later this week.

Rob

[ 17. August 2004, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: RobT ]

I think I`ll bring 2 fly rods, 2 beachcasters and a couple of boatrods, plus a spinning outfit?

I hope you`re right with the weather Rob. It would be a shame to have to spend a weekend in the pub with Norrie. Much more expensive than chartering a boat.

Paul.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Now, How can I get a beachcaster in my hand luggage.... Paul, moi, expensive, not really....just buy a bottle and sit in the digs..... :D:D

Just had Alan on the phone, he has had another great day, with a 3lb Bass, Pollock,and a nice Lobster.Sonja had a couple of Bass, new species for her, big Mackeral, and 2 Welsh Wahoo,another New species, Alan tried but couldnt get near the Wahoo...... Tomorrow they are after Black Bream.... I hate it when he phones and tells me what a day they have had....and theres me still at work..... :(

Jabee, I'm taking my travel rod and some flies...just in case dont you know, so we can have a cast or twelve if it dont work out.... :D

[ 17. August 2004, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: Norrie ]

Theocritis..

John, Cheers my friend, actually its multis that I use when beachcasting, if you have a spare, I wont bring one down, magic. I will call you on Thursday evening, if thats ok.

Theocritis..