:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::clap2:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only one really.............the totally massive and incredibly annoying overuse of the word `fantasti.....` (sorry, can`t bring myself to finish the word but you know where I`m coming from.

Its been a pet hate for a couple of years and is one word that makes me wince and I`ll even pick people up for saying it.

Certain TV and especially radio folks seem to know no other adjective to describe absolutely anything.

I mean for gods sake, it doesn`t even mean `good` or `amazing`. Its the adjective of fantasy. Fantasy means unreal or strange................

Keep your ears open and hear the overuse.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

I'm fairly certain that I don't like people who can't make up their minds.

I am not sure about these posts i cant decide if they are FANTASTIC or just good

ohh decisions decisions

;);)

Regards Paul Mc

"oh and cockney's & jellied eel's.

COME ON YOU VILLA BOY'S"

Errant apostrophes.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

.......another reason for not hogging the middle lane is that (in the UK,) lorries are not allowed to use the outside lane of a three lane motorway.

Electric razors, they're a waste of time aren't they?

I'm fairly certain that I don't like people who can't make up their minds.

Strange. I used to occasionally think the same thing - if I remember correctly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mis-use of the word decimate as basically a synonym for obliterate.

Definitions of decimate on the Web:

Originally meant the killing of one in 10, as the Roman legions once did to punish troops for avoiding going into battle. It should be used only to mean killing, not other destruction, and even with killings, it ideally should be reserved for cases where the idea of one in 10 isn't outlandishly off the mark.

www.careerjournaleurope.com/columnists/styleandsubstance/glossary.html

Decimation was a form of extreme military discipline imposed by officers in the Roman Army. Literally meaning "removal of a tenth," this punishment was assigned to mutinous or cowardly soldiers. Those selected for punishment were divided into groups of ten; each group cast lots, and the soldier on whom the lot fell was executed by his nine comrades, often by stoning or clubbing. ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimate

To discard portions of a signal in order to reduce the amount of information to be encoded or compressed. Lossy compression algorithms ordinarily decimate while subsampling.

www.xilinx.com/publications/glossary.htm

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

[quote

.......another reason for not hogging the middle lane is that (in the UK,) lorries are not allowed to use the outside lane of a three lane motorway.

what those middle lane hogging lorries ,usually speed limited that try to overtake other speed limited ones for miles and find out that horsepower counts going up hill ,50% find they havent got it and slowly slide back down into the very same spot behind the lorry theve been overtaking for 5 miles .

i always tuck myself in behind a norbert and let them pull my car to folkestone :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

People who throw their fag butts out of car windows that are still alight. Why cant they just use their ash tray for goodness sake? :angry::angry:

A guy who did just that on Table Mountain in Cape Town province caused a bush fire in which a woman died - he is now standing trial for homicide and arson. (report in today's Times, page 4)

Both cigarette thrower and victim were Brits.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Sunderland

:bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Are you refering to the place or a football team. I'm an Aussie remember so not in the know, but my partner HellBelly who is also a member was born in Sunderland, also famous for the Yorkshire Ripper.

Edited by TubularBelle
I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!