It's dawning on people at last

Vagabond

Labour have lost Dunfermline and West Fife :blink:

Astonishing that the adventures of the Liberal leaders apparently made no difference - as they say in Yorkshire, "There's nowt so queer as folk" :P

...but I suppose being alcoholic, having one's hand in the till, or being trouserless in the wrong place are all forgiveable...

Being systematically lied to is not.......

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Labour have lost Dunfermline and West Fife

Astonishing that the adventures of the Liberal leaders apparently made no difference - as they say in Yorkshire, "There's nowt so queer as folk"

...but I suppose being alcoholic, having one's hand in the till, or being trouserless in the wrong place are all forgiveable

Being systematically lied to is not.......

I hope the rest of the country follows the lead of the voters of Dunfermlin.

'New' Labour was always a triumph of presentation over content, and as soon as the presentation started to believe that what they were saying was more important than what they should be doing, they were always on borrowed time. They've borrowed too much of it.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

I hope the rest of the country follows the lead of the voters of Dunfermlin.

'New' Labour was always a triumph of presentation over content, and as soon as the presentation started to believe that what they were saying was more important than what they should be doing, they were always on borrowed time. They've borrowed too much of it.

Who's going to take their place? Not much 'old' labour left.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

There's far too much of John Prescott!

Anyway, I suspect that when St Bliar has taken his leave, a lot of his old toadies - the likes of Dawn Primarolo, Harriet Harman, Margaret Beckett, Frank Field, will all come crawling out of the woodwork.

The poem 'The Vicar of Bray should apply to any profession as ambition-driven as politics. IMO there's nothing wrong with ambition so long as it is well motivated. Sadly, many politicians use the words 'public service' whereas they really mean 'Self Serving'.

Must admit it is good to see Labour get a bloody nose.

But who have we got to do a better job? Tory's or Lib Dems?

It's like choosing which sexually transmitted disease you'd prefer! :headhurt:

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Thank goodness! They almost bankrupted the country!

There's not nearly as much difference between the parties these days, they're all pretty centrist. We certainly don't need an extreme government to correct excesses now, either left or right wing.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Bliar was probably on a freebie holiday in Tuscany at the time, holding 'talks' with Silvio Berlusconi.

The beginning of the end of an overlong era. I don't care who replaces them, the quicker that slimey toerag and his ugly, greedy wife depart... the better. The inhabitants of Monkey World could do a more convincing job.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

It always sounds like damage limitation when they say they'll win it back at the next General Election, but I suspect that's what will happen (sadly). People seem to appreciate the work the Lib Dems do locally but then bottle out of voting for them when it comes to the Big One.

Bliar was probably on a freebie holiday in Tuscany at the time, holding 'talks' with Silvio Berlusconi.

The beginning of the end of an overlong era. I don't care who replaces them, the quicker that slimey toerag and his ugly, greedy wife depart... the better. The inhabitants of Monkey World could do a more convincing job.

I'm not alone, then in remembering Harold Wilson having to call in the IMF to bail us out. Seeing Gordon Brown's spending plans - and the logic upon which he based them, I am genuinely worried that they are as unsustainable as those of Harold Wilson's last government, with probable similar consequences - a devalued currency and a level of taxation raised to the roof.