• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What about the wild boar problem?

Instructing the plebs on how to go about unhooking a deep hooked wild boar.....there could be some dosh in that.....!!!

Paul

Anderoo, To be precise then, You feel that poking around with a lump of plastic , when it is deep hooked is detrimental to a fish,

I say you are correct.

You say in those circumstances you knock it on the head and use it for other purposes,

I say fine,that is your right to do so.

I am asking why you do not consider cutting the line as near as is possible ,leaving the hook in and releasing the fish with a fighting chance of survival?

At least cutting the line the fish has some chance to live, your way they ALWAYS die.

That was not so strange a question afterall,was it?

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

Argyll, with respect ,yesterday I was asked about and posted my angling criteria for all to see, I cannot see a problem asking about FT's!

Nobody on this forum should have to answer some kind of fishing inquisition about their individual ability. Neither yourself or John. With the greatest respect Bob, more fool you for providing an answer.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Anderoo, To be precise then, You feel that poking around with a lump of plastic , when it is deep hooked is detrimental to a fish,

I say you are correct.

You say in those circumstances you knock it on the head and use it for other purposes,

I say fine,that is your right to do so.

I am asking why you do not consider cutting the line as near as is possible ,leaving the hook in and releasing the fish with a fighting chance of survival?

At least cutting the line the fish has some chance to live, your way they ALWAYS die.

That was not so strange a question afterall,was it?

Well, I don't really have 'a way'. Nor does this happen very often (a handful of times in 25 years). But I can remember trying to unhook perch with a disgorger and the perch dying because of it. Cutting the line may have been better in those instances, but getting the hook out would have been better still, and that's what I was trying to do. I can't remember the number of fish (usually small perch) that have been deep hooked and unhooked and released with no problems whatsoever. And, obviously, the number of fish that have been hooked cleanly in the lip is the vast majority. You seem to be implying that it's better to cut the line than to try to disgorge the hook, which I don't agree with.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

It hardly mattered Argyll as the thread was deleted, although at the time there were no howls of protest, from fellow posters or any moderators.

Anderoo, I am talking specifically deep hooked fish here, not the ones hooked properly.

Edited by Bob Bradford

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

It hardly mattered Argyll as the thread was deleted, although at the time there were no howls of protest, from fellow posters or any moderators.

Anderoo, I am talking specifically deep hooked fish here, not the ones hooked properly.

What did matter to me was, that the poor guy that the original abuse was aimed at ,never got a chance to defend himself, because he never saw what was said.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John