To Kill a Burglar....

Bob Bradford

BBC 1 tonight (Thursday 16th) 9 pm to 10pm... This is all about the true story of the Traveler killer Mr Tony Martin..the program is a dramatised documentary, Mr Martin..also wounded Fearnon or Fearnly is it? anyway Fearnon/Fearnly received a £4,500 fee from the BBC for taking part, so you will be pleased to know that your TV licence money is going to rewarding thieving vermin... I thought it was against the law in this Country to profit from ones crimes?

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I can't believe that they paid him Bob. It reminds me of a mate in S. Africa. Had a fair bit of trouble with people going in to his house and nicking stuff. He has a copper as a friend and he asked him for advice. I remember him telling me that the policeman/friend told him to make sure that he shot him dead if he shot him; as otherwise he would be sued by the burglar for sure.................

20+ years ago my dad disturbed a burglar, in our house who when confronted thumped my dad, he made of with a bit of money, video etc when the police camse round my dad said that if he had been a little quicker he would have grabbed his firemans axe from the wall and stopped him, the polices answer "just as well you didn't or we would have been taking you down the police station and charging you"

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Is it me or is this just plain old fashioned wrong? how can a scumbag like that profit from an illegal act, in my opinion Mr Martin should have been awarded a medal and not imprisoned, as for the odious Fernon/Fearnly his street cred has rocketed and he will be loving it.

didnt our MR Archer write 3 books in jail ?? were they confiscated on his release ,crime certainly pays and plenty of crooks via the press make more money out of their stories than no-doupt the crime itself ,noteriety brings notice and notice gets payment in the press.

another thing relating to his "crime" seems to be overlooked ,his house was unlit (he's a strange chap) so it was dark when these "people" entered his house ,the case and its procecution revolved around fearon being shot in the back , strangely as far as i can see no mention was made if it WAS dark how did martin know he was running awayand not towards him weilding a weapon <_<

if Martin thought he was running toward him and fired then its purely accidental that he wasent and got shot in the back

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I don't think Martin did anything wrong. Bizarrely today, all he would have to do is say he felt threatend and intimidated and he'd probably of walked away with probation, maybe a couple of months for 'excessive' force - but no more.

I think a NI soldier (Clegg) a few years ago was jailed (or they tried to) for shooting a joyrider that didn't stop at a checkpoint - I mean, why have a checkpoint, why have ARMED guards, and then jail the poor b'stad for doing his job (if the car had a bomb in it, then his head would have been on the chopping block).

The reason is because courts in the UK have a massively irrational attitude when it comes to anything with firearms. A firearm almost implies guilt even if there was just grounds for using it (I am assuming the gun is also legally owned!)

I like this question (to highlight different peoples views).

You wake up and hear a burglar. You go downstairs, jump him and get him to the floor. Do you a) run out the house, B politely ask him to remain on the floor or c) make sure he isn't getting up for the next half hour or so (i.e put the boot in)? The chances are most would say option a, but realistically most of us would probably do c.

It stinks, the BBC should be ashamed to say they paid him. It's taxpayers money after all (I wonder if he even has a telly licence!).

Edited by UK-Fishing-Tackle.co.uk

Ian W

probably using "someone" elses telly too ;)

if the law was used properly and "taken into consideration" get outs treated as individual crimes then i'm sure him and his ilk would have been nice and comfy tucked up in a cell and therefore alive not dead.

if theres not enough prisons build more not let them get out early because the poor dears are a bit overcrowded .

i watched a police "documentory" the police chased a chap for miles in a stolen car ,his conviction was just theft of the motor and no driving licence (banned driver)

what happened to ,dangerouse driving (multiple occurrences), speeding (multiple occurrences) driving without due care (multiple occurrences) ,going through red lights (multiple occurrences) and ofcourse no insurance ,had he been convicted on all and the sentence been consectutive he would be out of the way for a long time and the public a lot safer :angry:

clegg's sentence was purely political we wouldnt want it getting in the way of arse licking the ira ,strangely about the same time convicted ira murderers were being let out by the score :rolleyes:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

hmmm i just repeated what i said before ,nothing new then :rolleyes::)

I think the BBC must have delayed the transmission, i watched it and felt like vomiting when Fernon said " I did not tell them about Fred, I would have felt like a lowlife grassing on a friend" no, instead he let the lad bleed to death in Mr Martins driveway... a lowlife? yes! twisted logic or what?