How would you react ?

Ken L

Enoch Powell got slated in the 60's but if we had adhered to his advice the UK would be a much better place now.

Anyone agree?

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enoch Powell got slated in the 60's but if we had adhered to his advice the UK would be a much better place now.

Anyone agree?

Too true!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

what about the 6 [its either 6 or they've been arguing bout it for 6] in the news today that have just been given assylum after hijacking a plane to get here apparentley even tony's not happy about it

should have been a no brainer they should have gone straight back even if it meant their lives were in danger

this sort of thing is what pi**es people off

cant find a link to put up

ok so theres 9 of them and its cost millions so far

Edited by jimpy0

MOH.gifmynewsiggy.gif

www.electricunclesam.com

Guest tigger

Anyone agree?

As you can see by the Terrorism and scrounging going on from Asylum seekers I'd say the majority of the country are begining to realise he was right. People are just scared of admitting it for fear of being labelled as a Racist by the tamborine banging PC brigade!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the risk of being accused of being "logical" again (heaven forbid) :) , this has turned into a bit of a personalised "Has Chester had a raw deal or not" thread.

It's pretty obvious that he has.

However, once a debate becomes personalised in this way, it starts to degenerate into pointless yah-booing (just like the House of Commons).

It's impossible to support an argument about a broad point of contention (e.g. do asylum seekers get free phones and cars) by focusing on an individual and (to a certain extent unrelated) case.

I don't know if anyone heard the (black) Archbishop of York talking on Radio 4 this morning, but he understood perfectly why people voted for the BNP in places like Barking. He acknowledged that the indigenous white population felt they were being ignored in favour of the incomers. He also had enough wisdom to know that, as a real force in the politics of this country, the BNP were non-starters.

I've said before that I'd be happier if we didn't live in a multicultural society, because I'm an isolationist at heart and don't much like the concept of the "global village". I'm under no illusions though that if we *were* isolationist, daily life would be very, very different, and most people would soon be clamouring for a return to the "Good Old Days" (i.e. what we have now).

Considering that this country became (for a while) the most powerful on earth partly on the backs of the other countries making up the Empire, we could come to the conclusion that our current problems are due, at least in part, to chickens coming home to roost from that period. As the Archbishop pointed out, the current wave of immigration began after WWII, when workers from the Caribbean were *invited* here to do jobs that the indigenous population couldn't or wouldn't do.

Loss of empire, the human and financial cost of two world wars, globalisation and a total crisis of confidence about who we are and what our role as a nation is/should be has led us to where we are today. Solutions? None that are going to make anyone very happy, in the short term at least.

Guest tigger
He also had enough wisdom to know that, as a real force in the politics of this country, the BNP were non-starters.

Not quite right Davy, as they have started all ready!

Wether they do become a force in the politics of this country remains to be seen. At the moment I for one am in favour of them.

True Davy, logic does spoil a good argument. ;)

But as I said earlier, personal experiences do carry more 'clout' with an individual, especially if the experiences of others back up their own, than do statistics and polls carried out by government or other agencies. I agree that there's no short term solution to this problem, but in a more 'ideal' world, the powers that be, would not only run a system that was fair, but one that was seen to be fair as well.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

but in a more 'ideal' world, the powers that be, would not only run a system that was fair, but one that was seen to be fair as well.

I think they only exist in stories, though, don't they? :(

I think they only exist in stories, though, don't they? :(

Yes, but they all live happily ever after :D

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I can't abide the woman, but when the likes of Ann Cryer starts making public statesments such as these it would appear that the message is starting to get home to 'our' politicians. Out of little acorns and all that.....

Ann Cryer

Paul