How would you react ?

Ken L

Davy, I know you like statistics, polls etc, but what do they really prove?

Well, I'm not that enamoured of them, but from the point of view of evidence (which I *am* keen on as it's my job), they're of more value than individual personal opinion.

There's a "joke" in the world of evidence-based healthcare that there's Level I evidence (systematic reviews of randomised controlled trials) through to Level 5 evidence (consensus opinion of experts), and then there's Level 6 - "A bloke in the pub told me".

The only reason that I post all this stuff is that it carries a bit more weight than me with my knotted hankie on my head and trousers rolled up shouting "I THINK..." in my best Mr Gumby voice.

And you're not *seriously* comparing the state of the nation with 1930s Germany are you? :blink:

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My understanding of chesters plight is this;; ALL HE IS ASKING FOR IS PARITY, what he IS getting however is DISCRIMINATION!!!!

spot on ,one day i may be able to get my rants down to one well written line with the proper words (that usually escape me) .

luckily its an ex homeless chesters ,we took them on at their own game and got in via a side entrance (i.e the mrs medical problems) this side entrance was Never mentioned at ANY time and the council went out of their way to close it via certain (provable ;) ) underhand tactics including blatent lies ,destroying documentation,falsifying documents, mis-information and telling the MP who kindly intervened on our behalf that we were lying in every thing we said in our letter to her (forwarded on to the council)and they had never heard of us before the MP's letter arrived.

strangely once we proved to the MP what they were up to (and she had a go at them)we were invited in to the council office (this time no security guard standing outside) as had happend twice before(nice cup or tea mr granger etc) and suddenly the once closed side door flung open and we were found a place (that didnt exist before) in 2 weeks!!!!

had we have been "incomers" no doupt to avoid complications or messy headlines the red carpet would have been put out and we would have been treated like humans.

not only did they mess us about for ten months they also abused a kindly camping site owner with losing his licence (which his family has had since 1937) because we stayed there out of season ,being december we had to stay at a site far further away which also forced me to give up my job (where i had been for 5 years and content enough to stay despite the basic wages),no address no money we were treated like dirt and hopefully those that see me rant on about "fairness" will realise why :rolleyes:

i have the paperwork its all provable and its certainly not from a BNP pamphlet :angry:

yes its just one case but when i see others getting completely different treatment to i then i get angry,i am not anti anyone as i have said many times i am ready to take the side of anyone treated unfairly and have done in past posts when the "little guy" is picked on by the state whether this state or another ! this country or another ,white ,black ,christian or moslem !! but only if there is genuine misfortune not when its used as an excuse

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I think that the point is that irrespective of whether the funding comes from two ring fenced budgets (one controlled by the local authority and the other by NASS), homeless people should recieve the same treatment with regard to the provision of available social housing regardless of their ethnicity or whether they are assylum seekers.

What will really get peoples backs up is forigners effectivly getting a gold star superfast service because NASS happens to be better funded and better able to contract into private accomodation than the local authority.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I still don't understand Chester.... you had a sh1t time, assylums seekers have a sh1t time (some of them not as bad as yours, most of them worse). But instead of saying nobody should be treated like that you seem to be saying its alright as long as them immigrants get it worse than me!

where!!! i am saying the system is bad for us not that i want them treated the same as us but that i want to have been treated the same as them :wallbash:

its the system thats faulty and that needs fixing so were ALL treated the same whether incomers or already residents ,at the moment the balance is against we the residents in preference to our overseas friends ,i just want a flat playing field where genuine cases of hardship are all treated the same whoever it is.

you have already mentioned your friends tussels with the system and housing so you should appreciate where i am coming from :)

i havent mentioned the "pot" to any extent ,but i think the "pot" isnt as full as it should be when our leaders try to instill "democaracy" in an undemocratic way to foreigners ,just the spillage from the pot for iraq would solve a lot of the housing (and its problems with people seeing newcomers getting preferential treatment) problems we have now ,our building rates are lower than the 1920's so OUR lot have a shortage ,put on top of that the incomers and you will see the problems rise and to joe public on the street seeing incomers filling buildings (even totally substandard ones as is the case in many areas) then joe bloggs votes BNP etc because they pick on problem areas ;)

strangely though on telly a survey was done at barking? and more ethnic minorities (in the people they spoke to) voted BNP than white :o immigration effects them as well in their housing needs :) so it isnt a white supreminist doctrine at all but fear of immigration and its effects .

i expect most voted BNP as a go at labour who at the moment in the eyes of the public ignores them and in their eyes gives preferential treatment to foreigners than them .i am sure if labour balanced everything out and treated everyone the same the BNP vote would disapear .

in another program about Poles (eu workers with rights to work here) in most cases as soon as the poles caught on to the fact they had rights of minimum wage and rights of working standards they were sacked! ,it IS cheap wages that are paid to immigrant labour not the fact that we are too lazy to work ,pay the immigrants the same minimum wage we have by law and most of these jobs will disapear , if they can pay less money to immigrants and get away with it then immigrants will be employed ,the "cant get the labour" regarding us is really " i want to pay less than the law says thus get more proffit" those poor immigrants who dont know the law or are illegal workers are not going to rush to a working tribunal so the employer carries on paying wages below which he knows full well a UK citizen under law would never except ;)

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Think you are wasting your time Chessy, some people just don't want to listen.

On a personal note - I don't think we should just be asking for equality, I think those that have contributed to the system and have fallen on hard times should get preferential treatment to those just arriving here.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Guest tigger
That would seem logical

I think we should start to call you Spock..................you can call me Captain kurk :lol:

Guest tigger
On a personal note - I don't think we should just be asking for equality, I think those that have contributed to the system and have fallen on hard times should get preferential treatment to those just arriving here.

:thumbs: Deffo.

What people don't seem to realise is that many of these immigrants are the scum from the other countries, they're not the decent ones. You only have to look in the papers, crimewatch and the news to see what I'm on about. At the moment they are causing havock up and down the country, Raping and murdering women and men and commiting every crime thought of. I can't understand why these scum are allowed to stay in the country let alone being paid to do so.

I hope some of the PC do gooders on here meet a few Asylum seekers one night as it might open their eyes to the real world!

Edited by tigger

And you're not *seriously* comparing the state of the nation with 1930s Germany are you? :blink:

No I'm not comparing the state of the nation Davy, just the 'mind set' of some of the people.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

The thing is Matt that you think some of us are borderline nazis for our opinions that have come about through our own personal experiences, yet you do exactly the same with your opinion that all white English born folk on benefits are lazy pot smoking chavs.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Added for Chesters1

DaveG.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President