Tonights dinner top trumps

JV44

I like my Steak rare but GF brother always aks them to show it the pan and wipe it`s arse.....to much for my taste this blue steak thing

It's always best to wipe the arse first. ;)

Food gobbledegook?

I've been looking for a decent (and relatively simple) recipe for a coarse pate, none of my local shops seem to know what coarse pate is, smooth pate with the occasional lump in it just won't do.

Anyway, I came across this little gem in the cooking instructions, it sounds like bolleaux to me but possibly there's something in it.

I quote:-

" Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 6. If you have a spare cardboard box in your kitchen, cut a piece of card out slightly larger than the base of the terrine. Put it in a deep roasting tray and sit the terrine on top (this helps the terrine to cook evenly). Boil a kettle and pour in enough water so it comes halfway up the terrine. Carefully place it on the middle shelf of the oven and cook for 1 hr."

It's the bit of soggy cardboard I can't quite work out.

It's always best to wipe the arse first. ;)

Food gobbledegook?

I've been looking for a decent (and relatively simple) recipe for a coarse pate, none of my local shops seem to know what coarse pate is, smooth pate with the occasional lump in it just won't do.

Anyway, I came across this little gem in the cooking instructions, it sounds like bolleaux to me but possibly there's something in it.

I quote:-

" Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 6. If you have a spare cardboard box in your kitchen, cut a piece of card out slightly larger than the base of the terrine. Put it in a deep roasting tray and sit the terrine on top (this helps the terrine to cook evenly). Boil a kettle and pour in enough water so it comes halfway up the terrine. Carefully place it on the middle shelf of the oven and cook for 1 hr."

It's the bit of soggy cardboard I can't quite work out.

It's just a way of insulating the terrine from the roasting tray. It's not really necessary but apart from that it looks pukka.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I'd have to say "neigh" to cold in the middle :hypocrite:

20560953744fcd2800bf57f.png

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Looks like steak de mick jagger
  • Like 3

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Looks like steak de mick jagger

:clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

To me that looks disgusting cory, I couldn't eat that. :yucky::yucky:

I like my meat well cooked, in fact I've had to tell them to burn it to get it right at some places.

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I like my meat well cooked, in fact I've had to tell them to burn it to get it right at some places.

John.

I could eat it and enjoy it but hours of sitting on the crapper passing brown water dissuads me from doing so ,any meat my mrs cooks gets several minutes in the microwave as well my IBS loves meat to react with ,sometimes my stomach rumbling and farting is so bad its gets on MY wick!

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

John.

That's a bit too much on the rare side for me too John. I settle for a bit of chicken when that is on the go. If you cook that "all the way through" it will be too tough and dry to eat. To be honest I'm not mad on beef. If someone told me that I could never eat beef again I would not lose any sleep over it. I prefer Pinky and Perky.

Edited by corydoras

I do like a Carpaccio of beef, but although I have the inside raw I quickly season and sear the outside of the whole cut in a hot pan. Then I put it back in the fridge to make sure it is cold. Slice very thinly, serve with rocket and dress with lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Maybe a few capers if I've got any. It tastes nicer seared, but more importantly, while the inside of the beef should be reasonably sterile, the outside may not be.

Oh, and a bit of parmesan.

If you fancy a taste of something different, maybe for Xmas, then give these people a call.

http://www.benrigbygame.co.uk/

When I lived in Essex best part of 30 years ago I did a lot of shooting. At that time Ben was starting his business just down the road from me and so I used to sell him my surplus, and buy things I couldn't shoot myself. We became quite friendly.

My wife and Daughter are going back to visit family in Essex in December so I googled "Ben Rigby" and to my surprise they were still operating. Needless to say, SWMBO will be picking up a couple of cases of Roe deer haunches and saddles as well as 3 doz partridge and 3 doz pheasant. That should last until the New Year.

Give them a ring, they do deliver. You might be pleasantly surprised by the prices and you can't avoid liking the taste.

• Like 1

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/